Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot log back into Windows after using bootable media.

I cannot get this software to work, every step has been a new obstacle.

I created bootable media for my reference machine.
Did sysprep
Used bootable media to create my system backup.
Once, I exit from this environment the Windows install is bricked???

Comments

• See below- had this happen 3 times.  Cannot repair 

• @VFFEric, Did you perform a system restore? Did you mean that the restored system can't boot?
    What system did you backup and restore? Did you also do the restore via WinPE bootable media?
    And, did you restore it to the original location? or a new disk?
  • hello- yea this was my reference machine, after I did a system backup to my NAS.  The backup was successful, but after I exited out of the recovery environment , could not boot back into it?
  • @VFFEric, What system did you backup and restore?
    And, did you restore backup to the original location that you created backup from? or restore to a new disk?
    Please try the following methods to fix the boot problem.
    1. Please boot the computer from WinPE to restore again. 
    And, we suggest that you can wipe the target disk that you want to restore to, then do the restore again. If there are other data partitions on target disk, you can only wipe system related partitions.
    2. Please check the connection way of the restore disk when you boot from it. Generally, you need to connect it as an internal drive to boot. 
    3. Please check if the type of the restored disk is consistent of the boot mode on BIOS. For GPT disk, it uses UEFI boot mode, while MBR disk support Legacy mode. 
    4. Please try to use AOMEI Boot Repair tool to repair the restored disk. Download the iso of AOMEI Boot Repair tool from the link, burn it to USB via a third-party burning tool, then boot your computer from the USB to fix system.
    5. If it still can’t boot, please take a photo of the boot error again to us. And, please boot computer via WinPE of AOMEI Backupper, then click disk clone, then take a photo of disk list so that we check the layout of the restored disk.
  • hello, I never restored anything yet.

Here are on my steps on my well configured machine:

1. Create bootable USB with Backupper.
    2.Remove SID on this machine .
    3.Boot this same PC with the USB.
    4.Create a system backup to my network share.

no problems here, but now when I exit the AOMEI backupper enviroment, this PC ( the reference machine that I did the above steps on) does not boot.

Haven't even got to the deployment stage.
  • Please post a screenshot inside of Partition Assistant WinPE USB, or Backupper WinPE USB.
  • @VFFEric, How did you use "Sysprep"? 
    System backup doesn't affect the system. Maybe the "Sysprep" command resets the system and causes the boot problem.
  • @admin
     As per the instructions. sysprep.exe>generalize>shutdown.

That first SS I posted is what I see after making the backup and trying for the system (reference) and just wanting to boot this machine normally?
  • @VFFEric, But, the backup operation has no affect on the system. We currently can't confirm the reason that cause the boot issue.
    Maybe you can boot into WinPE, and then do a system restore. 
  • ok, I'll explore the sysprep causing the system to be unable to boot. thanks!
  • @Admin Still no resolve- After making a system backup, the system will not boot back into WIndows.  Even when trying to do a restore using the recently backed up image I get this message everytime?? See attached.
  • But yea, not AIMEI software related it seems...something with the sysprep...