Home AOMEI Products Support

Secure Erase on Partition Assistant

I don't know why the Secure Erase can't work with Windows 10. Why should install Windows from 12 years ago? But.. OK

I have 2 SSD, I have install Win7 to one and install PA 9.10 also, what`s I see:
Drive 0: SSD SKC600 (what with Win7)
Drive 1: HDD with Win10
Drive 2: SSD SKC600 - This disk COMPLETELY EMPTY !!! and I want to Secure Erase THIS SSD! not first! this SSD! :#
What`s I see on ALL drives? Secure Erase is impossible, because the disk is occupied by the system.
Partition Assistant checks only first drive and stop? I think yes! What wankers made this program?

Of course, I solved this problem. Reconnect drive 2 to port 0, erase it, moved Win7 to empty disk, reconnect again and erase second ssd. Well, why such difficulties???

Comments

• @Henu3duka, Sorry for the inconvenience.
    SSD Secure Erase is developed based on ATA of windows 7. However, windows 10 doesn't offer ATA. So, the feature is not available on windows 10.
    And, SSD Secure Erase currently supports detecting SSD connecting to SATA port. So, port 0 is SATA port?
    Our technicians are looking for another method to achieve "SSD Secure Erase."
  • Ok, about Win7... however, my Kingston_SSD_Manager does this Secure Erase in Win10

Of course, this is a SATA-3 port on Intel z77 chipset... I don't have any other non-SATA ports on my motherboard wherever I can connect a SATA SSD, all my ports is SATA.

• @Henu3duka, We will support Secure Erase in Win10 in the future.