Home AOMEI Products Support

Problem with batch file syntax

hello there this is my first post and i am testing backupper pro.
i have created a batch file which does a full backup which works great. Notice the /c 2
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper 6.3.0\AMBackup.exe" /b new /t disk /s 0 /c 2 /d "B:\Images\Ryzen7" /n "Ryzen7"

I am now trying a differential backup. I could not get the /c 2 to work - i tried it in every position beginning, middle and end. when i run the batch file it just crashes. So i removed the /c 2 and it works but without the compression. see below.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper 6.3.0\AMBackup.exe" /b dif /s "B:\Images\Ryzen7\Ryzen7.adi"

So my question is can i add compression to the differential backup ? and how to do it ?

thank you

Comments

• @Ethereal, Did you use the following command to perform the differential backup?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper 6.3.0\AMBackup.exe" /b dif /s "B:\Images\Ryzen7\Ryzen7.adi /c 2
    Generally, for the differential backup, you don't need to use the "/c 2" when you have used "/c 2" for full backup? It will compress the differential backup by default.
    "So i removed the /c 2 and it works but without the compression."---How did you confirm that it doesn't compress? And, disk 0 you backed up is system backup? How big is the full backup?