Home Storage General Discussion

what is systag.bin?

I noticed systag.bin has been created in the root of C: and a brief search on Google indicates it might be created by Backupper. Is this so, and if so, what is it for and is it critical?

Comments

• Hi martink,

Yes, this file systag.bin is created by Backupper. It is used for distinguishing system partition from others when you boot from the software's bootable medium.

You can delete it, but they will be recreated again by default when you perform any operations. On the other hand, even you delete it, the system partition can be recognized as normal when you boot from the bootable medium. However, we still suggest that you'd better keep them for future use.

• It's annoying to have these extra files lying in my root dir. Not possible to put them either in the program's folder. the users folder or something like that? I guess you put it in C to make it consistent and easy for the program to find everytime at "system drive root" But there has to be a more elegant way. How about C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR ?

• Can you not just check for existence of C:\Windows directory to know the system partition??