Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper window suddenly scaled too big...can't resize, can't move freely, can't see

edited January 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Haven't used it in about six weeks, but when I did today, it was WAY too big and pixelated-looking...couldn't see everything in the window...it's almost like the DPI settings for *this app only* got all jacked up....every other app in my Windows 7 install works fine for me.  I use a 14" laptop with the display extended onto a larger 23" external monitor, but when I tried to drag the Backupper window to the external monitor, it wouldn't let me move it above roughly the vertical halfway point of the monitor, so I still couldn't see much of anything inside the window.

===============
Steps taken:

Changed Compatibility Mode to "Windows 7"

Tried running as Administrator

Uninstalled 3.0 with Revo Uninstaller on most aggressive settings to completely remove traces, downloaded latest Backupper 3.2, installed, but no success.  (Looks like Revo didn't really do much, since I still had my backup sets and settings intact in the new 3.2 version of Backupper.)

================

The only way I've been able to make it work is to temporarily change my display settings to use *only* the larger 23" external monitor, and even then this window barely fits on the screen.  Interestingly enough, after I checked and unchecked the new Large Window Size option in Backupper and restarted it a couple times, it has now finally returned to its normal window size/scaling, BUT it still won't move freely on the external monitor no matter what I do.  

Not the end of the world, but maybe you should look into this issue going forward...

Thanks!

Comments

• Is that the Windows page of Aomei backupper is not normal?

You can change it to the windows mode first.

Then close this software.

Please re-open the software and do not choose the Windows mode.

• Thanks for pointing out the option in the "Other" tab. Strangely I had never enabled this feature, the window size suddenly got huge after an Backupper update (can't remember which). Even stranger still the checkbox for "Enable Large Window Mode" was unchecked but the effect was enabled. To solve the problem I first had to "enable" it & restart the program, THEN disable it again. After that the window size returned to normal.

• Same issue.  I had installed it for the first time ever to clone a Crucial SSD.  First time running, I could not see all of the screen or click on 'continue' buttons as they were out of view.  For some weird reason you cannot drag the program onto your 2nd monitor either.

Went into settings > other.  "Enable large window mode" was NOT checked.  I checked it, clicked ok and restarted, then unchecked, clicked ok, and restarted again.

Finally then down to a size where I can see everything.  Appears to be a bug.

• If you have any issue about windows 10. You can use windows 10 help and  send it to microsoft support center.

• Ctrl+Shift+o twice worked for me: once to sync behaviour and setting, and the second to reset the setting (menu/options/other/enable large window) to normal