Need to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7/7 Plus?
Nowadays, there are still many people who are using an old iPhone and want to get a new model like iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X or later. When switching phone, you may need to move your valuable photos or pictures to the new device, but only relying on iTunes and iCloud for photo transfer is not an ideal solution.
There are actually many other ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. This tutorial will introduce some convenient ways to save your time and energy and you can choose the most suitable method. Without further ado, let’s see how to transfer photos from old iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 or other models.
Method 1. The Easiest Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7
The safest and commonest way is to transfer all your photos from your iPhone 6 to your computer, after that you can transfer them to your new iPhone 7. Then you have your precious photos both on your computer and your new iPhone. It’s double insurance.
If you want to transfer photos in this way using a Windows computer, one free iPhone transfer tool named AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice for you.
● It lets you preview and select the pictures that you want to transfer.
● It also allows you to easily transfer messages, music, videos, and contacts.
● It will not erase any existing pictures or any other data on the device.
All in all, it gives you a flexible selection to meet your needs. Now we will show you how to transfer pictures from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7/7 plus with AOMEI MBackupper. First of all, download and install this tool on your computer for free.
1. Connect your iPhone 6 to your computer with a USB cable > Enter the passcode to give your computer access to your device.
2. On the home screen, click Transfer to Computer.
3. You can click the "+" icon to select the pictures that you want to transfer and then click the OK to confirm.
4. Then specify a path as the destination to store the pictures on PC. You are allowed to save the pictures to local disk or external hard drive. Click Transfer to make it.
5. Unplug your iPhone 6 and connect your new iPhone 7 to your computer > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
6. Click the "+" to select the pictures that you just exported from iPhone 6.
7. Click Transfer to transfer pictures to iPhone 7.
Method 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 via iCloud
Cloud service becomes very popular in recent years, and many companies have developed cloud service apps, but iCloud is still the top one for Apple users because it’s easy to access. Before you get it started, connect Wi-Fi and sign in the same iCloud account on both iPhone.
To transfer photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 with iCloud:
1. Upload your photos to iCloud by tapping on Settings > [your name] > iCloud, click Photos and turn on iCloud Photo Library.
2. Then sign in your Apple ID on your new iPhone 7 and turn on the iCloud sync.
3. You can choose to download your photos from iCloud on the new iPhone 7. Select either Optimize iPhone Storage or Download and Keep Originals. After all your photos are downloaded, you can open your Photos app to view them.
→ Note: Apple only offers only 5GB free storage space for users.
Method 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 via AirDrop
iOS devices have a built-in tool AirDrop functioning like Bluetooth, made for file sharing among different iOS devices. It's no doubt that iPhone 6/7 is an AirDrop-supporting device. With AirDrop on both of your devices, you can use it to share files between your old iPhone 6 and your new iPhone 7.
Just turn on AirDrop on both of your devices, go to Photos app on your old iPhone and tap on the Share button to send the selected photos from one iPhone to another via AirDrop. The detailed steps are shown below.
To transfer pictures from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 with AirDrop:
1. Open Control Center by swiping down from the upper-right corner of iPhone screen on both of your iPhones.
2. Tap on AirDrop to turn it on and set your iPhone to be discovered by Contacts Only or Everyone.
3. Open Photos app on your iPhone 6 and select the photos you'd like to send to your new iPhone.
4. Tap on the Share icon and then choose your target device.
5. Then click Accept on your iPhone 7 to receive the photos sent from your previous iPhone 6.
This passage shows you how to transfer photos from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 with some efficient methods: AOMEI MBackupper, iCloud and AirDrop. If you have a computer, you can let AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer all or selected pictures easily. If you want to do it without cable, then you can choose iCloud or AirDrop.