The USB flash drive is a good device to store files like photos. And now for some personal reason, you’d like to transfer photos from flash drive to your iPhone or iPad. As is known to all, there is no direct way to transfer photos from computer to iPhone/iPad so you come to this guide to find some workable methods. Well, there are 5 proven methods to help you achieve the goal.
1. Quick Way to Transfer Photos from Flash Drive to iPhone iPad
If you want an easy and quick way to transfer photos from USB to iPhone or iPad, you can apply AOMEI MBackupper - one free iOS data transfer tool.
● It helps you transfer photos between iDevice and computer.
● It lets you preview and select the pictures you want to transfer.
● It will not erase any existing photos or other data on your device.
Now free download AOMEI MBackupper on your computer and follow the steps below to transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone/iPad.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in your iPhone/iPad and USB flash drive. (You may need to enter the passcode on device so the software can access your device.)
Step 2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to iPhone option.
Step 3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
Step 4. Click Transfer to start.
Step 5. Click OK when the transfer is completed.
2. Transfer Photos from Flash Drive to iPhone iPad via Cloud Services
Apple iCloud and other cloud-based services like Dropbox, Google Photo, OneDrive provide a way to help you share files among your devices. You can first sync photos to cloud and then download them on iPhone or iPad.
On computer: Open a browser and go to the iCloud or other services based on your need > Upload pictures to your account. (Take iCloud.com as an example, go to iCloud.com > Sign in with your Apple ID and passcode > Click Photos > Click Upload Photos to select pictures stored on USB.)
On iPhone or iPad: Since iCloud is the built-in app, you can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos to turn on iCloud Photos. If you are using Dropbox or Google Photo, you should go to the App Store to download the app on your device.
3. Transfer Photos from USB Flash Drive to iPhone iPad via iTunes
iTunes indeed can help you transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone/iPad, however, it’s not a recommended way. You may lose your current media content on the device after the sync. If you are OK with that, here are the steps.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Plug in your USB flash drive and iPhone/iPad.
3. Launch iTunes > Click the Device tab > Click Photos > Check Sync Photos.
4. Select the folder that contains the pictures you want to transfer to device.
5. Finally, click Apply to start the sync.
4. Transfer Photos from Flash Drive to iPhone iPad via Email
If you just want to transfer one or two pictures, then email the pictures to yourself can be a good choice. You do not need to download any apps and can transfer photos from USB to iPhone iPad wirelessly.
On computer: Send an email to yourself with photos attachments.
On iPhone/iPad: Go to Mail app to check email and download pictures on device.
5. Can You Transfer Photos from USB to iPhone iPad without Computer?
If you don’t have a computer, you may wonder whether there’s a way that can help you transfer photos from USB flash drive to iPhone/iPad without a computer. Well, the truth is that it’s possible to make it with the right type of flash drive.
They will use their app to access your photos or other files. You can transfer files from USB to device or export data from your device to drive. It’s really a convenient way to save pictures when you are outside without a computer or have no Internet access. You can search and buy one from Amazon.
That’s all for how to transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone iPad. Does this passage solve your problem? You could share it to help more people. Or if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you ASAP.