Why Do You Want to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without
The traditional way to transfer
messages from iPhone to new iPhone is using iTunes or iCloud. You should first backup
the old iPhone and then restore the backup to your new iPhone. However, you know that no
matter iTunes or iCloud will transfer the whole old iPhone content to the new one while you
just want to copy messages. So you want to find a way that can transfer messages from iPhone
to iPhone without iCloud backup or iTunes backup.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup?
There are two ways that can help you transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without backup.
If you just want to transfer iMessages, you can turn on the iCloud syncing to make it. If
you want to transfer both iMessages and text messages, then you can turn to one third-party
tool for help.
Way 1. Transfer iMessages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
If your iPhone running on iOS 12 and later, you can find the Messages sync feature in the
iCloud. It enables users to sync iMessages among all devices using the same Apple account.
If you just want to transfer iMessages to iPhone, you can try this quick solution.
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. On the source iPhone: Go to Settings > tap your name > iCloud.
3. Scroll down a little to find Messages > Toggle it on.
4. Do the same above on the target iPhone and wait for the syncing.
It will not remind you when the sync process is done so you need to check it by yourself.
Way 2. Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
The Messages sync will only help you transfer iMessages from iPhone to iPhone, so here comes
another tool that can help you transfer both iMessages and text messages. That’s AOMEI MBackupper.
AOMEI MBackupper is one easy-to-use iPhone backup and restore tool for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. To transfer
messages to another device, you just need to first make a backup for the messages on the old
iPhone and then restore the backup files to the new iPhone.
★ Selectively Backup & Restore – It lets you backup and restore text messages and iMessages you need instead of all of them as per your needs.
★ No Data Loss After the Restore – It will not erase any existing messages or other data on your device and will only put the backup file to your device.
It supports all iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11/SE 2020/12 and would be perfectly
compatible with the latest iOS 14. Get the tool now and follow the steps below to transfer
messages from iPhone to iPhone in a few minutes.
1. Connect your old iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Enter the passcode on iPhone to give your computer access to your device.
2. Click Custom Backup > Choose Messages to select the
iMessages and text messages you want to transfer > Click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup to start backing up your
4. Unplug your old iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Restore option,
and then your messages would be transferred to the target phone.
● Notes: You can also follow the steps above to contacts, photos, videos, and songs from iPhone to iPhone.
From the above, you know how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without backup. You
can choose to turn on Messages sync to only transfer iMessages or let AOMEI MBackupper transfer
both iMessages and text messages.
Any questions or problems, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section and we will reply to you soon.