How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone After Setup?
Want to transfer data to new iPhone after setup? This guide will show you 2 methods on how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup.
After getting the new iPhone, the first thing is to set it up. Besides, Apple makes it easy for users to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. You can choose to restore data from iCloud/iTunes backup, or directly transfer data with the Transfer from iPhone feature if both two devices are running on iOS 12.4 and later.
However, due to some reasons, you didn't transfer old iPhone data to the new one during the setup process. Now you have already set up your iPhone but find that you need some data stored on your old device. So you may wonder: Can I transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup? The answer is YES! Keep reading to get the method.
To move data from iPhone to iPhone after setup, there are two ways you can choose from.
● If there is no important data on your new device, you can choose to erase your iPhone and restart the setup process to access the data transfer screen.
● If you do not want to erase your iPhone or you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, you can let one third-party tool help you move the needed files. (Way 2)
If you do not mind erasing your iPhone, you can first reset your iPhone and restart the setup to access the data transfer option. Generally, you can choose to restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup. Or if both your old iPhone and new iPhone are running on iOS 12.4 or later, it allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly without backup.
● Erase your iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to erase your device and restart the setup process.
● You'll then see "Hello" in many languages > Choose your language > Select your location.
● Use Quick Start or not.
> If your old iPhone is running on iOS 11 and later:
1. You can place your old iPhone near your new iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your old iPhone and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone > Tap Continue if that’s the correct Apple ID > Follow the onscreen steps to set up your device.
2. Then you can choose to Download from iCloud to restore iCloud backup. If your old iPhone is running on iOS 12.4 and later, you can also choose Transfer from iPhone to directly transfer old iPhone data.
> If your old iPhone is not at hand or it does not support Quick Start:
1. Tap Set Up Manually option.
2. Join the Wi-Fi network > Se up Face ID or Touch ID > Set your passcode.
3. Then you will come to the App & Data screen. Choose Restore from iCloud Backup or choose Restore from Mac or PC according to your situation.
Restore iCloud Backup to iPhone
1. Sign in to iCloud and choose the right backup.
2. If you have purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you will need to sign in to each or you can skip this step.
3. Keep your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and it’s recommended to plug the device to the power until the restore process is done.
Restore iTunes Backup to iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
2. Click the Device tab > Go to Summary > Choose Restore Backup > Choose the correct backup > Enter the password if you need to restore from an encrypted backup.
3. Complete the setup process when the restoration is finished.
If you do not want to erase your iPhone, one third-party tool named AOMEI MBackupper can help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone after setup. It will not erase existing content on the device.
It provides two transfer methods. You can transfer all the data with one click, or you can selectively transfer the data you need. First download AOMEI MBackupper and follow the steps below to transfer data to new iPhone.
Free Download AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper supports all iPhone models including the newest iPhone 12/11/iPhone SE 2020 and works well with the latest iOS 14.
> 1-Click to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone After Setup
You can let the iPhone to iPhone Transfer feature to help you transfer all data from old iPhone to new iPhone with one click. It is able to transfer photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari (history, bookmarks), applications (data files, preference), system settings.
1. Connect two iPhones to computer and run AOMEI MBackupper.
2. Click iPhone to iPhone Transfer option.
3. Enable backup encryption to encrypt data in source device > Click Start Transfer to start. (It will overwrite the corresponding data in the target iPhone.)
> Selectively Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone After Setup
Two steps to complete the transfer: backup data on old iPhone and then restore the data to new iPhone.
It can help you transfer selected contacts, messages, photos, videos, and songs. You can preview and choose the needed items before the backup and restore.
Backup Data on Old iPhone
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper and plug in your old iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup and select the data you want to backup.
◆ You can click each icon to select the items you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup.
Transfer Data to New iPhone
1. Unplug your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone > Click Back to go to the Backup Management interface.
2. Click the Expand tab >> Advanced option to choose Restore.
3. You can click the icon to preview and select the data that will be restored to your new iPhone > If everything is OK, click Start Restore.
That’s all for how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup. If you do not mind data erase, you can reset your iPhone and restore from iCloud or iTunes backup.
If you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud/iTunes, try AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer all data or selected data without data erase.
Does this passage solve your problem? If so, you could share this "How to transfer data to new iPhone after setup" guide to help more people.