Question: Can You Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another?
The iCloud provides an easy way to help users sync and manage iPhone contacts, messages,
notes, calendar, etc. You can easily access those data on any iDevice as long as you’ve logged in with the same Apple ID. If you getting a new iPhone, it helps you directly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone by turning on the Contacts in iCloud.
Besides getting one new iPhone, you may also want to use one new Apple ID to get a fresh start. In this case, comes a new question: how to transfer contacts to new Apple ID? Or you may forget your current iCloud account but want to transfer contacts to new iPhone. Keep reading to find all the methods: transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another & transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Apple ID.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another?
Here in this part, I’ll detail two tested methods that can help you transfer contacts between Apple IDs. Choose one to follow according to your situation. For better illustration, suppose that you want to transfer contacts from Apple account A to account B.
Let’s get it on.
Method 1. The Direct Way to Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another
1. Before signing out the iCloud account A on your iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Turn off Contacts > Choose Keep on My iPhone. (You can also
choose to turn off other toggles as per your needs.)
2. Delete the account A from this device.
3. Sign in with account B and turn on Contacts to sync. Then the contacts stored on the device will be synced to iCloud.
Method 2. Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another via iCloud.com
If you have a computer at hand, you can also choose to transfer contacts from one iCloud account to another iCloud account with the help of iCloud.com.
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Sign in with Apple
2. Choose Contacts > Click the gear icon in the lower-left corner > Click Select All if you want to export all contacts. You can also use Shift or Ctrl to only select the contacts you need.
3. Click the gear icon again > Choose Export vCard… to download the contacts to computer.
4. Log out account A and then sign in with account B > Go to Contacts screen and click gear > Click Import vCard… to select the contacts exported from account A.
From the above, you know there are two methods that can help transfer contacts from one Apple
ID to another. Both two methods are easy to operate. However, because you feel tired of using iCloud and the various annoying iCloud errors, you may want a no-iCloud way to make it. So in the following part, I’ll show you another easy way that can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
Part 2. Another Easy Way to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple
To make things easy, AOMEI MBackupper, one free iPhone backup manager for Windows PCs is recommended here. It can help you easily transfer contacts from iPhone to
iPhone in only a few clicks. No Apple account required.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Backup contacts on source iPhone
② Restore the backup files to target iPhone
You can select the data you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to reset the target iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
It supports all models of iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 11/iPhone SE 2020 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 13.6. Download the tool on your PC and follow the steps below to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone A (source iPhone) to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the home screen to give your computer access to your
2. Click Custom Backup > Choose Contacts > Select the contacts you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
3. Select the backup path > Click Start Backup button to start transferring contacts to computer.
4. Unplug iPhone A and connect iPhone B (target iPhone) to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen
> Click the Restore option > Click the icon to choose the contacts you want to transfer > Click Start Restore to make it.
◆ As you can see, there is no need to use the Apple ID, so it also applies to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Apple ID.
◆ After the transfer, you can go to Settings to turn on the Contacts in iCloud to sync the contacts to the iCloud account you prefer.
◆ Besides contacts, you can also take it to transfer messages, photos, songs, videos.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another. You can directly realize it on your iPhone or go to iCloud.com to make it. Or if you do not want to rely on
iCloud, you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you. It can help you transfer selected contacts to another iPhone without data loss.