Contacts are one of the most important data on iPhone. For most people, when upgrading to a new iPhone, the contacts must be in the list of data that must be transferred. To transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone, you can first backup old iPhone with iTunes and then restore the backup to new iPhone. However, it’s impossible to only restore contacts. So here in this guide, we will show you 4 ways that can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes.
Way 1. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes but via AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data transfer tool that is able to help users transfer contacts, messages, songs, photos, and videos from one iPhone to another.
You can preview and then select the contacts you want to transfer. There is no need to reset your iPhone and no data will be erased during or after the transfer.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer contacts from iPhone to another one. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to make it.
An effective way to transfer contacts, messages, songs, photos, videos from iPhone to iPhone. Fully compatible with the latest iPhone 12/11 and works well in iOS 14.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPhone to computer via the USB cable. (Enter passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.)
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
3. Select a storage path to save the contacts > Click Start Backup.
4. Unplug the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Restore option > Click the icon to choose the contacts you want to restore > Click Start Restore to make it.
Way 2. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes but via iCloud
You can take advantage of iCloud to transfer all contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Note that selected transfer is not supported.
1. Login with the same Apple ID on both iPhones > Connect iPhone to Wi-Fi network.
2. On the source iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Turn on Contacts > Tap Merge if asked. Then it will start the syncing.
3. On the target iPhone: Do the same above to turn on the contacts sync > Wait for the sync and you can go to Contacts app and pull down from the top of the screen to refresh the contacts list.
Way 3. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes but via Gmail
Some email services can help users backup iPhone contacts and you can utilize this option to transfer contacts from iPhone to another one. First import source iPhone contacts to Gmail, Yahoo, Exchange, etc., and then turn on the contacts sync on target iPhone. Here we take Gmail as an example.
● On source iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap Accounts & Passwords > Tap Add Accounts > Tap Google > Enter the required information to add your account > Tap Next > Tap Save when your account is verified > Turn on Contacts sync > Tap Save to confirm.
● On target iPhone: Do the save above to turn on the contacts sync > Then back to Settings > Tap Fetch Data > Slide the Push button.
Way 4. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes but via AirDrop
If you want to transfer one or two contacts, then you can choose to AirDrop contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Only one item can be transferred each time.
● Turn on AirDrop on iPhone: Open Control Center > Press and hold on the wireless control box > Tap AirDrop and choose Contacts Only, or Everyone.
● On the source iPhone: Go to Contacts > Find and tap the contact you want to share > Tap Share Contact > Tap AirDrop > Choose the target iPhone name.
● On the target iPhone: Tap Accept to receive the shared contacts. Or you may see three options: Save, Create New Contact, Add to Existing Contact.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without using iTunes. To transfer selected contacts easily and quickly, AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice. Besides, it can also help you transfer messages, videos, and photos without effort. Go for it now and discover more!