Top 5 Ways to Sync iPhone Contacts to Outlook
This guide will show you 5 methods that can help you sync iPhone contacts to Outlook. Applies to Outlook 365 as well as 2019/2016/2013/2010.
Microsoft Outlook is one comprehensive tool that lets us receive and send email, manage contact information, keep a journal, schedule, and assign tasks. And now you need to export iPhone contacts to Outlook for further use. Feel tired of retyping your contacts list one by one, you want to find a way that can help you sync iPhone contacts to Outlook in one-click.
There are 5 different ways that can help you transfer iPhone contacts to Outlook. You can first read and choose one to follow according to your situation.
iTunes is the default iDevice management tool and it offers an option that can help you export iPhone contacts to Outlook directly. Download the latest iTunes on computer and follow the steps to see how to export all or selected contacts to Outlook via iTunes.
If the Contacts sync is enabled iCloud, you should first go to your iPhone > Settings > [your name]> Find Contacts and turn it off.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable. Usually, iTunes will launch automatically, if not, open it by yourself.
2. Click the Device tab > Choose Info.
3. Check "Sync contacts with" > Select "Outlook".
4. Click “All contacts” if you want to sync all the contacts of iPhone or click “Selected groups” if you wish to sync only selected contacts from a group.
5. Click Apply to export iPhone contacts to Outlook.
When the process is done, open Outlook and click the Contacts tab to check the transferred iPhone contacts.
Note: If you are using a Microsoft Exchange Server account and have more than 500 contacts, all contacts might not synchronize unless you use Cached Exchange Mode. You can click here to see how to turn it on.
If you have synced iPhone contacts to iCloud, then you can choose to first export contacts from iCloud and then import iPhone contacts to Outlook.
Export Contacts from iCloud
1. On your computer, open a browser and go to iCloud. com > Sign in with your Apple ID and password > Choose Contacts from the list of provided services.
2. On the Contacts screen, click the gear icon in the lower-left corner > Click Select All if you want to export all contacts. You can also use Shift or Ctrl to only select the contacts you need.
3. Click the gear icon again > Choose Export vCard... to download the contacts to your computer.
Export vCard to CSV
To import iPhone contacts to Outlook, you should first convert the vCard file to CSV file. Visit this website to convert vCard to CSV: https://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/.
Click the Choose File button to select the vCard file you just exported before and confirm other options:
Format: choose CSV, choose Comma, and enable Add Header Line
Encoding: choose Unicode (UTF-8)
Filter: don’t change anything
Modifications: don’t change anything
Import iPhone Contacts to Outlook
1. Open Outlook on your computer > Go to File.
2. Click Open & Export > Click Import/Export.
3. In the “Import and Export Wizard”, select Import from another program or file and click Next.
4. Choose Comma Separated Values and choose Next.
5. Select Browse, then locate the CSV file that contains the contacts you want to import > Click Next.
6. Select the Outlook folder (like the Contacts folder) into which you want to import the contacts > Click Next.
7. Do not click Finish now! To make sure that the details from your imported contacts appear in the corresponding fields in Outlook, please click Map Custom Fields. Outlook automatically maps some fields; change these if they are not mapped correctly. To map a field, drag the Value to the desired Field.
8. Make sure all columns from the CSV file are mapped to the desired Outlook address book fields click OK > Select Finish to begin the import process.
To check the contacts, you can choose the People icon at the bottom of the Outlook.
If you have Outlook app installed on iPhone, then you can try this method to sync iPhone contacts to Outlook, here are the steps:
In iPhone Settings: Tap Outlook > Turn on Contacts and Background App Refresh.
In Outlook app: Go to Settings > Tap your email account> Turn on Sync Contacts.
This method is for anyone who’s version of Outlook syncs with Outlook.com. If you are in a corporate environment, you may need to check with the IT department to see whether this option is available.
1. Go to Settings > Scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords.
2. Tap Add Account > Choose Outlook.com.
3. Enter your email address or phone number and tap Next > Enter your password, then tap Sign in.
4. Tap Yes to allow iPhone permission to access your Outlook data.
5. Turn on Contacts sync > Tap Save to confirm.
If your company has an Exchange server, then you can choose to sync iPhone contacts with Outlook via Exchange. This option may only be available if your iPhone is connected to your internal corporate network.
1. Go to Settings on iPhone > Scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords.
2. Tap Add Account > Choose Exchange.
3. Enter your email, user name and password > Click Next.
4. Your iPhone will now contact the Exchange Server > Fill in the address of the server in the Server field > Finally, turn on Contacts sync.
From the above, you know how to transfer iPhone contacts to Outlook. Although now you have a copy that you can find in Outlook, it’s always a good choice to have more backups. In this way, if there is something wrong with Outlook, you still have another way to restore your contacts.
To make things easy, one free iPhone backup and restore tool named mBackupper is recommended here. It can help you backup all contacts in one-click or only the selected contacts as per your needs. The tool also supports photos, videos, music, messages as you can see from the picture shown below.
After the backup, you can check the transferred contacts on your computer any time you want. You can choose to restore the contacts to any iDevice and it will not erase any existing data. Totally free for all functions.
There are 5 methods can help you sync iPhone contacts to Outlook and the most direct way to make it is using iTunes. If you have any problem during the process, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible.