[4 Ways] Move Data from Android to iPhone After Setup
Already set up iPhone, but forgot to transfer data? Don’t worry, this guide will show you how to move data from Android to iPhone after setup.
You set up your new iPhone right away because you can’t wait to enjoy all the amazing features. Now you want to transfer data from Android to iPhone but find that Move to iOS app will only help you transfer data to iPhone during the setup process.
So you wonder: Can I still transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup? Well, the answer is YES. There are 4 ways that can help you transfer needed files after initial setup. You can first read and then choose one method to follow according to your situation. Here we go.
● If you don’t mind restarting the setup process, you can choose to erase your iPhone and rely on Move to iOS to transfer data.
● If you don’t want to start over, there can try other methods to help you transfer needed files. There are 3 tools to help you transfer different types of files.
To help users easily switch from Android to iPhone, Apple introduced Move to iOS. It will connect Android phone and iPhone through a direct Wi-Fi connection and help users transfer contacts, messages, Camera Roll photos/videos, mail accounts, calendars, web bookmarks.
It’s a good choice to use Move to iOS to transfer data. If you want to move data from Android iPhone after setup, all you have to do is to erase your iPhone to restart the setup process.
1. Download Move to iOS app on Android phone.
2. Erase iPhone: Go Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
3. Set up iPhone until you access the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
4. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
5. On your iPhone: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
6. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPhone > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
7. Leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes.
If you want to transfer photos, videos, and songs from Android to iPhone, you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you make it. It’s one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PC users.
You can first move photos, videos, or songs from Android phone to computer and then transfer them to iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper. It lets you transfer files in their original size and will not erase any existing data on iPhone.
1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 12 (Pro Max/Pro/mini).
2. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in your iPhone. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.)
3. On the Home screen, click Transfer to iPhone option.
4.. Click the “+” icon > Choose the photos, videos or songs you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
5. Click Transfer to start.
If you want to sync mail, contacts, and calendar from Android to iPhone, you can utilize Emails like Gmail. Both Android and iPhone allow you to sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars with Google Gmail.
On your Android: Go to Settings > Tap Account & Sync > Choose your Gmail account > Tap Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars > Tap Sync Now.
On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap Accounts & Passwords > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next > Tap Save when your account is verified > Turn on the sync of Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
Cloud storage services have changed the way people save data. As long as the device is connected to the Internet, you are allowed to access files stored in the cloud. We can take advantage of this feature to achieve Android to iPhone transfer. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
On your Android: Download Google Drive app > Log in with your account > Upload files to it.
On your iPhone: Download Google Drive app and log in > Find the files you need > Tap the Three Dots icon > Tap Send a copy > You can choose to save the file directly and let an app open it.
That’s all for how to move data from Android to iPhone after setup. You can choose to erase iPhone to restart the setup process and achieve data transfer via Move to iOS. If you don’t want to restart, you can try AOMEI MBackupper, Google Gmail, or Google Drive to achieve the transfer.