iTunes provides thousands of music to purchase. You can download your albums and listen to them on computer. You might have some music from other sources and you have added then to iTunes library. Because they can’t be downloaded from iTunes store on iPhone, you need to sync iPhone with iTunes every time you got new music, but sometimes the process is not so successful.
You might have seen the error message about iTunes library and are afraid of losing iPhone data. The next section will let you know about the error.
1. What does iPhone is synced with another iTunes library mean?
When you connect iPhone to another computer and launch iTunes, you would be warned that iPhone data will be erased and replaced because you are syncing iPhone with different libraries. This warning could also appear even when you sync iPhone on your own computer.
It could be because you have changed iTunes library. Updating iTunes or reinstalling OS might also make the library “changed”. It means that the library on computer is different from the library on iPhone.
You can only sync your device with one iTunes library at a time because iTunes always keep the libraries on iPhone and on computer the same. Syncing iPhone with this library will replace media from another iTunes library and that’s why iTunes sync removes music.
You will receive nearly the same error message if you sync iPhone photos with iTunes. If you try to enable iCloud Photos on iPhone, you will see Photos synced from iTunes will be removed.
2. How to save music library and safely sync iPhone?
If you are sure the new library on computer is what you want, this could not be a problem, but if you have songs from other sources on iPhone and you really want them, iTunes could not help you, because there are no options in iTunes to help you export music.
You might have thought about saving music to iPhone backup, but actually, iTunes won’t do that. Read this guide What Does iTunes Backup Include and you will know that files synced from iTunes will not be saved to iTunes backup. If you wish to export music from iPhone, you need the professional tool.
AOMEI MBackupper is an excellent iPhone music transfer you need. It is very easy to use and lets you view every song on iPhone.
● Free Software: You can export unlimited music to computer for free.
● Super Speed: AOMEI MBackupper is the fastest iPhone data transfer.
● Widely Compatible: It supports all iOS devices including iPhone 12/11 and iPad 8/Air 4.
Steps to save music on iPhone:
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. You can select Transfer to Computer to get music off iPhone.
Step 3. Simply click the plus icon and then you can view iPhone data. Preview all the songs on iPhone and select the songs you need or you can also select them all. Click OK.
Step 4. Click Transfer to download music from iPhone to PC.
Tips: Your iPhone data is important. AOMEI MBackupper is also a brilliant iPhone backup software. You could use it to easily backup iPhone to computer.
3. How to drag and drop songs to iPhone with iTunes?
If you don’t think it is necessary to sync the whole iTunes library to iPhone every time, iTunes allows you to add selected songs to iPhone.
1. Connect iPhone to iTunes and you will see the section of your iPhone information on the left.
2. Go to your iTunes music library and select the songs you want to sync.
3. Click and hold the selected songs and move them to your iPhone section in iTunes, or right-click the songs and select Add to Device.
4. How to prevent automatically sync with iTunes?
When Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected is checked in iTunes, your photos, music, and videos could be replaced every time you connect iPhone to iTunes.
If you don’t want your iPhone to be synced with iTunes this time, you can tell iTunes your wish.
1. Launch iTunes without connect iPhone.
2. Select Edit in the toolbar.
3. Select Preferences in the list.
4. Select Devices section.
5. Check Prevent iPods, iPhone, and iPads from syncing automatically.
Your iTunes could be very convenient to purchase and download music, but it is not so good at transferring music between iPhone and computer because it always wants the libraries to be the same.
If you see the error message that the iPhone is synced with another iTunes library, you can use AOMEI MBackupper to save iPhone music to prevent they are erasing by iTunes sync.
Is this passage helpful? You could share it to help more people.