Can You Save Contacts to SIM Card on iPhone?
When changing the network provider or switching from iPhone to Android, we will need to copy
contacts from iPhone to SIM card. However, it seems that there is no option on iPhone that
can help us make it. The truth is that iPhone doesn't support saving data to the SIM
card let along the contacts. Why?
Well, it does not allow you to store data on SIM card mainly because it doesn't fit with
Apple's philosophy about how users should interact with their data. Apple wants its
users to store data directly on the device instead of any removable device that can be
easily lost. If necessary, users can choose to backup data with iTunes or iCloud. Apple
believes those options are more flexible for transferring data among devices.
But don’t feel too disappointed, there are still two indirect methods that can help you
transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card. Besides, you may want to copy contacts to SIM
card because you want to transfer
contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. In this case, you can jump to the last part to learn an easy way to help you
transfer contacts to new iPhone directly.
How to Save Contacts to SIM Card on iPhone?
There are two workable methods that can help you export contacts to SIM card on iPhone. If you
just want to copy a few contacts, you can email the contacts one by one to the Android phone
and then import the contacts to SIM card. If you want to transfer all iPhone contacts, you
should turn to iCloud for help.
Method 1. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card via Email
This method is recommended when you only want to transfer several contacts because you can
only transfer one item each time. You should first email the contact from iPhone and then
import contacts to SIM card on Android phone.
Email iPhone Contacts
1. Go to Contacts app and choose the contact you want to transfer to SIM
2. Click Share Contact option > Choose Mail to share it.
Export iPhone Contacts to SIM Card
1. Download the vCard attached in the email on Android phone.
2. Go to the Contacts app and find Import/Export contacts > Choose Import from USB Storage.
3. Go to have a check if the contact has been imported to the Android phone > Go to Import/Export contacts again > Choose Export to SIM
Method 2. Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card via iCloud
With the help of iCloud, you can export all/multiple iPhone contacts to SIM card. Three steps
to make it: sync iPhone contacts to iCloud server > export contacts from iCloud > import iPhone contacts to SIM card on Android phone. The whole process seems kind of
complex, but it’s not that difficult if you try it step by step.
Sync iPhone Contacts to iCloud
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network and also make sure there is enough storage
space, otherwise, you may meet the iPhone contacts
not syncing to iCloud problem.
2. Go to Settings > Tap your name > Choose iCloud.
3. Turn on Contacts. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel,
If there are lots of contacts that need to be synced to iCloud server, it may take a while to
Export iPhone Contacts from iCloud
1. Go to iCloud.com via a browser on computer > Sign in with
your Apple ID and password.
2. Choose Contacts > Click the Gear icon in the
lower-left corner. If you want to export all contacts, then choose Select
All option. Or you can press Shift or Ctrl to select the contacts you need one
3. Click the Gear icon again and choose Export vCard... option
to download contacts to computer.
Import iPhone Contacts to SIM Card
1. Connect your Android phone to computer via USB cable and copy contacts to it.
2. Go to Contacts app on Android phone > Find Import/Export
contacts > Choose Import from USB Storage.
3. Finally, go to Import/Export contacts again and export them to your SIM
card by clicking Export to SIM card option.
An Easy Way to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
You may want to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card because you want to transfer
contacts to new iPhone. However, your contacts didn’t transfer to new
iPhone properly or you may want to transfer
contacts from one Apple ID to another. As you can see from the above, there is no
direct way to export iPhone contacts to SIM card. If you want to transfer contacts from
iPhone to iPhone easily, let AOMEI MBackupper, one free iPhone
backup manager to help you make it.
Two steps to complete the contacts transfer:
① Backup contacts on old iPhone
② Restore the backup
files to new iPhone
You can select the contacts
you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and
it will not erase any existing data.
The tool supports all models of iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 12. Download the
tool on your PC and follow the steps below to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
Fully compatible with most all types of iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and latest iOS 14 (also compatible with older iOS versions) and Win 10/8.1/8/7. Transfer data in an easy, quick, safe way.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in the source iPhone > Tap “Trust” on the home screen to
give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to
choose the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save the contacts > Click Start Backup button.
4. Unplug the source iPhone and then connect the target iPhone to computer > Go to the
Backup Management screen > Click the Expand tab >> Advanced option
to choose Restore.
5. You can click the Contacts icon to preview your contacts, if everything
is OK, click Start Restore.
That’s all for how to save iPhone contacts to SIM card. You should first email the contacts
to Android phone or export iPhone contacts to Android with the help of iCloud and then
import the contacts to SIM card. If you meet problems during the process, please feel free to
leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible.