How to Get Contacts from iCloud to iPhone with Ease?
Want to download contacts from iCloud to iPhone? This guide will show you how to get contacts from iCloud to iPhone in 2 ways.
Generally, there are two situations when people want to download contacts from iCloud to iPhone: Just get one new iPhone and want to sync contacts from iCloud to iPhone; Lost contacts accidentally and want to restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone. Check the details below to see how to get contacts from iCloud to iPhone SE 2020, 11, XR, XS, X, 8, 7s, 7, 6s, 6.
There are two ways to go when it comes to transferring contacts from iCloud to iPhone. If you used to sync iPhone contacts to iCloud, you can turn on the Contacts Syncing option in Settings to let them appear on iPhone. Or if you have made an iCloud backup including the contacts, you can make a restore to download the whole backup on iPhone.
iCloud provides an easy way to help users sync data among devices. Once if you have turned on the sync for specific data on iPhone, you can access the data easily. So if you have iCloud stored in iCloud, you can just turn on the contacts sync to download contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network
2. Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud.
3. Turn on Contacts.
4. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
If there are lots of contacts that need to be downloaded to iPhone, it may take a while to finish. You can go to the Contacts app and pull down from the top of the screen to refresh the contacts.
Besides, the current contacts on the iPhone will also be merged to iCloud. When you add or update a contact, iCloud makes the change everywhere.
If you want to download more than contacts but also other data to iPhone, you can choose to restore the entire iCloud backup to your iPhone. Of course, you should have a backup beforehand or you may create a new one instead. Be aware that all the existing data on the iPhone will be erased and replaced with the iCloud backup. If it’s ok, check the steps below to see how to restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
1. Erase the iPhone: go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Restore from iCloud Backup: Set up your iPhone until you see the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts to finish restoring the backup to iPhone.
From the above, you know how to download contacts from iCloud to iPhone. Indeed it’s a good way to sync iPhone contacts with iCloud. You can manage and access the contacts on all devices. However, it also has its disadvantages. iCloud only offers 5 GB free storage space which is far from enough to store the whole data as time goes on. Besides, it’s also possible to meet the iCloud contacts not syncing issue.
In this case, why not try another easy way to better backup your contacts? AOMEI MBackupper, one free iPhone backup manager for Windows PCs, offers a quick and easy solution to help you backup & restore iPhone contacts.
★ Selectively Backup – It
lets you preview and select the contacts you want to backup.
★ Check Backup Files Any Time – It allows you to view the backup contacts anytime you want.
★ Flexible Restore – It enables you to restore selected contacts to any iPhone, iPad.
★ No Data Loss During Restore – It will not erase any existing contacts or other data on the device.
★ Supports Files – Besides contacts, it also supports messages, photos, music, videos, etc.
AOMEI MBackupper supports most iPhone models including iPhone 4/5/5s/6/6s/7/8/X/XR/XS/11/SE 2020. How about give it a try? First download the tool on computer and follow the steps below to backup your contacts.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Click Start Backup button to make it.
4. When the process is finished, you can check the backup task on the Backup Management screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse, restore, or delete the backup contacts.
1. You can click the triangle icon to run an incremental backup next time. It will backup the newly added data to save both the time and storage space.
2. If you want to restore the contacts to another iPhone, please click the Advanced button to choose Restore to make it.
That’s all for how to get contacts from iCloud to iPhone 11/X/XR/XS/X/8/7S/7/6. Does this passage solve your problem? You could share it to help more people. Or if you have any questions or problems, just leave a comment below and we will reply to you as soon as possible.