Fixes to Software for This iPhone is Not Currently Available
This guide will tell you how to fix “Software for this iPhone is not currently available” error in 5 ways.
Recently we have received a lot of emails telling us about the problems that occurred while trying to upgrade the iPhone to the latest iOS 14. And the “Software for this iPhone is not currently available” error is one of them. Well, in fact, this is a quite common problem that happens now and then when users trying to update or restore iPhone/iPad via iTunes. Read on to see how to fix this issue.
Here are possible methods to solve the problem. These methods also apply to “Software for this iPad is not currently available” if you are trying to update/restore your iPad.
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor problems that cause the “Software for this iPhone is not currently available” problem. Disconnect your iPhone from computer and restart your computer and iPhone. Then run iTunes again to have a try.
If you get the error message saying that “Software for this iPhone is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again.”, just go to have a check whether your iTunes is up to date.
The truth is that out-of-date iTunes can cause various errors and it’s necessary to install the latest version of iTunes on computer. Usually, when a new version is available, a pop-up window will appear to tell you. In this case, just follow onscreen instructions to make it. Or you can start the update manually.
● For Windows PC: If you download iTunes from Apple website, click Help on the menu bar > Select Check for Updates. (Versions of iTunes from the Microsoft Store update automatically when new versions are released.)
● For Mac: Open App Store > Click Updates at the top of the window > Click Install if any iTunes updates are available.
Besides updating iTunes, you can also update your computer to have a try.
● For Windows PC: Go to the Control Panel > Click System and Security > Click Windows Update.
● For Mac OS Mojave: Open the Apple menu > Click System Preferences > Click Software Update > Click Install Now.
● For Mac earlier OS: Go to App Store > Click Updates > Click Update.
The security software should also be blamed if you meet the “Software for this iPhone is not currently available” error. It may interfere with your computer's connection with iTunes. You can go to have a check the settings of the apps and disable some options or uninstall the security software if necessary.
If all the above methods cannot help you get rid of the software for this iPhone is not currently available problem, you may put your iPhone in Recovery Mode and try update/restore again.
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer and run iTunes.
3. Force restart your iPhone/iPad to put it in Recovery Mode:
- For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time > Keep holding the buttons when you see the Apple logo > Continue to hold both buttons until the recovery screen shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPod touch (7th gen): Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time > Keep holding the buttons when you see the Apple logo > Continue to hold both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 8 and later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Top button until your device begins to restart > Continue holding the Top button until your device goes into recovery mode.
4. It will ask for two options. To update your iPhone without data erase, click Update. To restore iPhone to its factory settings, click Restore.
To ensure data security, you may have backed up your iPhone before iOS 14 update with iTunes or iCloud. However, neither iTunes nor iCloud does not support selectively backup and restore. So here I’d like to introduce another easy-to-use iOS backup tool to make things simple. That’s AOMEI MBackupper.
● It lets you preview and select the data you really want to backup and restore.
● The incremental backup allows you to backup newly added data.
● What’s more, it will not erase any data on device during the restoration.
All in all, if you prefer a selective backup way, AOMEI MBackupper is your best choice. Go for it now and discover more!
That’s all for how to fix the “Software for this iPhone/iPad is not currently available” error. Did any of these solutions help solve your problem? If you still have any questions about this issue, just leave a comment to let us know.