6 Fixes to Photos Didn’t Transfer to New iPhone 11/XR/XS/X/8
Photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone? This guide tells you why that happened and also the solution to fix this issue.
After getting the new iPhone, the first thing is to transfer data from old
iPhone to it. However, it seems that things do not work smoothly as you expected: you
find your photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone. Actually, it’s a quite common problem that
many users have reported. Don’t be too worry, there are some solutions you can try to fix
this annoying problem.
Before we start to see the solution, let’s learn some main reasons that can lead to the photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone problem.
1. You've logged in with an incorrect account. The iCloud accounts on two devices should be the same. Otherwise, the photos will not be transferred to another one.
2. The iCloud backup does not contain your photos. If you have turned on the “iCloud Photo Library” option, then your iCloud backup will not contain your photos.
3. Poor Network Connection. The data syncing requires a stable network connection and the transfer may be interrupted because of the disconnection.
From the above, you know “why didn’t my photos transfer to my new iPhone”, and here in this part, I’ ll list all the potential solutions that you can have a try to troubleshoot the problem. These methods apply to all iPhone models, including 11/XR/XS/X/8.
First make sure that you have logged in with the same iCloud account that you used on your new iPhone. Go to have a check: Open Settings app > Tap your name > Then you will see your Apple ID, make sure the account is correct. If not, just log out and sign in with the account that you have linked to your old iPhone.
The iCloud Photo Library feature helps you automatically upload photos to iCloud. If you have turned it on your old iPhone, then your photos have been already uploaded in iCloud and they will not be included in the iCloud backup.
You may have not turn it on on your new device, so you meet the photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone issue. In this case, just go to Settings > tap Photos & Camera > turn on iCloud Photo Library option to let it download your photos from iCloud to your device.
The photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone problem will occur due to the network connection error. Please make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
You can try to reset network connection to make it: go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You need to re-connect Wi-Fi but it will not affect your data security.
Sometimes the restore seems to look complete but it is still downloading information in the background. The time it takes to finish the transfer depends on the size of your data and the speed of your Wi-Fi. It may take many hours to download all the data. Just leave your new iPhone plugged into power and connected to Wi-Fi and wait for it to finish the downloading.
You may also choose to transfer photos to new iPhone by restoring from an iTunes backup. Just like restoring from iCloud backup, the existing data on your new iPhone will be erased and replaced by the iTunes backup content.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your old iPhone to computer and run iTunes.
3. Click the Device tab > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now. Wait for the backup to be finished.
5. Click Restore Backup… at the Summary page on iTunes > Then choose the backup that contains the photos you want to transfer > Click Restore to make it.
Besides iCloud and iTunes way, there’s another way that can help you transfer photos to new iPhone without effort. That’s AOMEI MBackupper. It’s one free iPhone backup manager that offers a safe way to help you transfer data between two iDevices.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Backup photos on old iPhone
② Restore the backup files to new iPhone
You can select the data you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
AOMEI MBackupper supports all models of iPhone and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 13. Download the tool on your PC and follow the steps below to transfer photos from iPhone to new iPhone.
Backup Photos on Old iPhone
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Photos Backup option > Click Photos icon to view and select the photos you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save your photos > Click Start Backup.
Transfer Photos to New iPhone
1. Unplug your old iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Expand tab >> Advanced option to choose Restore.
2. You can click the Photos icon to preview the photos that will be transferred to your device, if everything is ok, click Start Restore to transfer photos to new iPhone.
That’s all for how to fix photos didn’t transfer to new iPhone 11/XR/XS/X/8 problem. Does any of the methods have solved your problem? If so, you could share it to help more people. If you have any other ideas, just shart it with us in the comment section.