5 Fixes to New iPhone Cannot Restore Backup Problem
New iPhone cannot restore backup? Read this guide to learn 5 solutions to fix the new iPhone won’t restore from iTunes or iCloud backup issue.
Apple makes it easy to upgrade from an old iPhone to a new one. You can first backup old iPhone with iTunes or iCloud and then restore the backup on new iPhone to transfer everything. However, sometimes, it just not work smoothly as we expected: a message appears and says that iPhone cannot restore backup.
It’s really annoying when meeting this new iPhone cannot restore backup problem. You definitely want to solve this problem as soon as possible so you come to this page to get some suggestions. Well, don’t be too worry, here in this guide, you will know why your new iPhone won’t restore from backup as well as the solutions to figure it out.
Various reasons can lead to the new iPhone won’t restore from backup issue and we cannot say for sure. The following are the common causes according to the analysis.
1. The current iOS version on iPhone is not compatible with the backup.
2. There is something wrong with the backup itself.
3. The Internet connection is not stable.
4. The version of iTunes is too old.
Here are all the potential solutions that you can have a try to troubleshoot the can’t restore backup to new iPhone problem. These methods apply to all iPhone models including iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPhone 8, etc.
You may get a message saying that a newer version of software is required when you are trying to restore an iCloud backup. The out-of-date iOS has quite a few defects and can lead to such errors. No matter you are trying to restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup, a later version of iOS is needed. In this situation, you can set up, update, and erase your iPhone to restart the setup process.
1. On the Apps & Data screen, choose Set Up as New iPhone option.
2. Skip the steps for Apple ID, Face ID or Touch ID, and passcode to complete the setup process.
3. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to update iOS to the latest version.
4. Erase your device: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Restart the setup process and try to perform the restore.
The new iPhone cannot restore backup problem may occur due to the poor Internet connection. The restoration requires a stable and active network connection so please make sure the Wi-Fi connection is well.
The new iPhone won't restore from iTunes backup problem may also occur if you are using an older version of iTunes. Click Help on the menu bar on Windows or click iTunes on Mac > Select Check for Updates. Restart your computer and try again.
Sometimes the new iPhone won’t restore from backup because the backup itself has the problem. You can try to delete the previous backup and make a new complete backup.
If all the above methods cannot help you fix the new iPhone won’t restore from backup problem. You may try another tool to help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. AOMEI MBackupper, one iPhone backup manager can help you make it.
◆ Two steps to complete the transfer: backup data on old iPhone to computer and then restore the data to new iPhone. It can help you transfer selected contacts, messages, photos, videos, and songs. What’s more, you don’t need to reset the iPhone and it will not erase any existing data on the device.
AOMEI MBackupper supports all iPhone models including the newest iPhone 11/iPhone SE 2020 and works well with the latest iOS 13. Get the tool and see how to transfer data to new iPhone.
Backup Data on Old iPhone
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper and plug in your old iPhone > Tap “Trust” on the home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup and you can select the data you want to backup.
▲ You can click each icon to select the items you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup.
Transfer Data to New iPhone
1. Unplug your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone > Click Back to go to the Backup Management interface.
2. Click the Expand tab >> Advanced option to choose Restore.
3. You can click the icon to preview the data that will be restored to your new iPhone > If everything is ok, click Start Restore to make it.
That’s all for how to fix the new iPhone cannot restore backup issue. Hope one of the methods can help you perform the restore successfully. Or if you still cannot perform the restore, let AOMEI MBackupper help you directly transfer data to new iPhone.