How to Backup Your iPhone? Here’s the Answer
This passage will give you the direction to easily create iPhone backup. You can do a phone backup on your own in different ways.
iPhone has become a common tool in our life. What we did with our iPhones could be stored as pictures and videos, yet the data is also faced with the risk of loss. Many possible reasons could lead to a data disaster, such as a blank screen, dropping, and water damage. Consequently, important photos and files might disappear for some reason. I was really regretful when I lost my last iPhone and thought why I hadn't backed up my iPhone.
In a word, the frequently happening data disasters have raised people’s awareness of data backup. It would be beneficial to develop a habit to create iPhone backup in advance. I don't want to lose data anymore, so I need to backup my iPhone to minimize the loss.
Since I have known the terrible results of data disaster, I want to backup my iPhone immediately.
To backup my iPhone, I should be aware of that which files I want to backup. There is a lot of data on my iPhone and I don’t have to backup all of them. I just need to backup photos, videos, and contact. The next step is to choose a backup software. With the help of backup software, I can easily backup my iPhone.
When I backup my iPhone, I would consider iPhone backup software with these properties:
1． It should be professional to solve my problem;
2． It should be easy to operate with simple interface;
3． It should be clean so I won’t be bothered by advertising.
After several tries, I find that the easiest way to backup my iPhone is by using mBackupper. It is a professional, free, and clean iPhone backup software.
Easily Backup: This application could be used to backup all the photos, videos, and contacts on iPhone. Files about memory and business could be stored in PC forever. In addition, messages and contacts could also be backed up.
Easily Restore: When I restore files to my phone, I just connect my phone to PC with USB, select the backup copy, and click on Restore. The data already on my iPhone wasn't covered the restored files. It really did as how I wish.
Flexible Selection: I preview the files on my iPhone and select the need ones when backing up and restoring my iPhone. I think this is the most satisfying point.
Flexible Restoration: It allows to restore files not only to an iPhone, but also an iPad or iPod Touch.
Free and Clean: It is a free iPhone backup software and there is 100% no advertisements or plug-ins.
Now, let's start to know how to use this application.
1. Download and launch mBackupper;
2. Connect iPhone to computer with USB;
3. Tap Trust This Computer on iPhone;
4. Click Custom Backup or Photos Backup;
5. Click an icon to enter Selection;
6. Select the needed and click the orange button Ok;
7. Click the orange button Start Backup;
8. Complete backup.
1. Connect iPhone to computer with USB;
2. Tap Trust This Computer on iPhone;
3. Click on Back in the lower right corner;
4. Choose the backup files and click the Arrow to Restore to device. It also allows to preview backup files by clicking on the Eye;
5. Click the orange button Start Restore. I can click the icon to select the need files as I back up them;
6. Complete restoration.
I've found lots of iPhone backup software on the Internet, but there are just two official tools. iTunes transfers data from iPhone to PC with USB and iCloud uploads data from the iPhone to the cloud via the network.
iTunes is mainly used to manage the purchased music and videos. It is not a professional iPhone backup tool. iOS system performs under strict rules which also influence how iTunes backs up iPhone. It could backup most data including settings on iPhone in one folder but it doesn't allow us to view or select files. There's one thing disappointing me that when I restore my iPhone it does delete the already existing data to restore the files.
If you want to backup your iPhone with iTunes, you need to do following complicated steps.
1. Connect iPhone and your computer using USB;
2. Open iTunes on your computer;
3. Click the phone-shape button, and then click Summary in the sidebar;
4. Select “Encrypt iPhone backup” if you want to encrypt the backup stored on your computer;
5. Encrypted backups are indicated by the Lock icon, and a password is required to restore them;
6. Click BackUp Now to start a manual backup;
7. Click Restore Backup when you need to restore your device.
It seems pretty easy to use iCloud to backup my iPhone, but it makes it awkward that it doesn't allow to preview files or select files like iTunes. And it just provides 5GB of free storage. For the high quality of iPhone’s pictures, it is too easy to fill its storage. Although $0.99 for another 50GB plan per month, $2.99 for 200GB or $9.99 for 2TB doesn’t cost too much, it could be longtime spending.
I backup my iPhone as follows,
1. Go to Settings, tap my name, select iCloud and then iCloud Backup;
2. Toggle on iCloud Backup;
3. Tap Back Up Now to manually backup my iPhone to iCloud right away.
I could view the storage of iCloud backups with repeating step1, tapping Manage Storage and then selecting Backups. To delete a backup, choose a backup from the list, then tap Delete Backup.
Compared with iTunes and iCloud, mBackupper is a free professional iPhone backup application with easy operation and simple interface. I can backup photos, videos, and other files like contacts, messages, and music within a few steps. And I will not be interrupted by ads using this software. Anyway, it’s not bad to choose these applications as your iPhone backup tool.