How to Backup iPhone Contacts with iTunes Quickly?
How to backup iPhone contacts with iTunes? This guide will tell you the detailed steps to backup iPhone contacts to computer with iTunes.
Keeping backups is vital to prevent data loss. When you lose data or even get your iPhone lost, you can simply perform a restore on your iPhone like nothing ever happen as long as you have a backup copy.
Your contacts contain not only the name & phone number but more details including email, address, birthday, etc. It will be a major disruption to your life if you lose them accidentally. So it’s a wise choice to take some time to make a backup for the contacts.
When it comes to backing up iPhone data, the traditional way is using iTunes or iCloud, after all, it’s the official way provided by Apple. However, iCloud only offers users 5 GB free storage space to store iOS data which is far from enough to save the backup. So you’d like to backup iPhone contacts to computer with iTunes.
If you do not want to pay more storage plan of iCloud to save your contacts, iTunes is another traditional way to go to backup iPhone contacts to PC. However, its unfriendly design and complicated operations often drive people crazy. Besides, backing up iPhone contacts with iTunes is not that convenient.
- You cannot only backup iPhone
contacts. iTunes will backup the entire iPhone content including your contacts and
the backup files are unreadable.
- Restoring contacts to iPhone will cause data loss. It will first erase the existing content on your iPhone and then restore the whole iTunes backup content.
In other words, iTunes does not allow you to selectively backup or restore iPhone contacts. You will never know what will be restored to your iPhone before the restoration. If you are OK with it, keep reading to see how to backup iPhone contacts using iTunes. Or if you prefer a more flexible and safer way to make it, click here to jump to the next part to learn more.
Step 1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Step 2. Run iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
Step 3. Click the Device tab > Select This Computer > Click Backup Up Now to start.
Keep your iPhone connected to computer until the backup process is completed.
Although iTunes indeed can help you backup iPhone contacts to computer, it’s not the best solution because of its disadvantages. So here comes another tool named AOMEI MBackupper that allows you to backup iPhone contacts the way you want.
◆ Selectively Backup &
Restore. It lets you preview and select the contacts you really need.
◆ Fast Backup Speed. Backup 2000+ contacts in 20s. Faster than most other software on the market.
◆ Check Backup Files Freely. It allows you to view the backup contacts anytime you want.
◆ No Data Erasing. Promise not to lose any existing data stored on device during restore process.
AOMEI MBackupper supports most iPhone models including iPhone 7/8/X/XR/XS/11/SE/12 and it is fully compatible with the latest iOS 14. Get it now and follow the steps below to have a try.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the Home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Click Start Backupbutton to make it.
After the backup, you can check the backup task on the Backup Management screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse, restore, or delete the backup files.
- You can click the triangle icon to run an incremental backup next time. It will only backup the newly added contacts to save both space and time.
- The backup files can be restored to any iDevices. So you can take advantage of this feature to transfer contacts and more to your new iPhone.
Now you know how to backup iPhone contacts with iTunes. As you can see, iTunes will not allow you to only backup contacts. If you prefer a more flexible way to backup want to want, AOMEI MBackupper is a better choice. It can help you backup contacts, messages, photos, videos, and songs selectively.