Top 4 Ways to Sync iPhone Contacts to Google Account
How to backup iPhone contacts to Google? This guide will show you 4 workable methods that can help you sync iPhone contacts to Google account.
It’s a good habit to backup iPhone contacts regularly after all the contact is an important way to let us get in touch with other people. As long as you have a copy of your contacts, you can quickly retrieve them when an accident happens. Google is considered is one of the best and the securest services in the market so you want to save iPhone contacts to Google.
Here in this article, I’ll detail four methods that can help you backup iPhone contacts to Google account. You can choose one to follow based on your needs. Besides, another tool that provides an easier way to backup iPhone contacts will also be introduced.
The Settings of iPhone provides an easy way to help users sync iPhone contacts to Gmail. You do not have to install any application on iPhone. It can not only help you backup iPhone contacts to Google Gmail but also sync Gmail contacts to your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Scroll down a little to choose Passwords & Accounts.
2. Tap Add Accounts > Tap Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and click Next.
3. Click Save when your account is verified.
4. Turn on Contacts Sync > Click Save to confirm.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. You can also choose to save iPhone contacts to Google Drive and the contacts will be back up to Google Contacts.
1. Download the Google Drive app on your iPhone, install and open it.
2. Tap the Menu button in the top left.
3. At the top, tap Settings > Backup.
4. Tap Start Backup.
All iPhone contacts will be backed up to Google Contacts. You can open Google Contacts on any other devices to check the contacts.
Although it requires more steps compared to the above two methods, it’s a tested way to export iPhone contacts to Google. If you have already turned on Contacts sync feature on your iPhone, just jump to the second step.
◆ Frist Step: Turn on Contacts Sync
Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Toggle on the Contacts option.
◆ Second Step: Export Contacts from iCloud
1. On your computer, open a browser and go to iCloud. com > Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and the password > Choose Contacts from the list of provided services.
2. On the Contacts screen, click the gear icon in the lower-left corner > Click Select All if you want to export all contacts. You can also use Shift or Ctrl to only select the contacts you need.
3. Click the gear icon again > Choose Export vCard... to save your contacts to computer.
◆ Third Step: Import iPhone Contacts to Google
1. Go to https://contacts.google.com/ and sign in with your Google account.
2. Click Import Contacts... on the sidebar > Click Select file on the pop-up window.
3. Choose the vCard file you just export from iCloud > Click Import to save iPhone contacts to Google.
iTunes can also help you backup iPhone contacts to Google. You should first export iPhone contacts to computer via iTunes and then import the file to Google.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
2. Click the Device tab > Click Info.
3. Check the box “Sync Contacts with” > Select “Google Contacts” or “Windows Contacts”.
◆ If you choose “Google Contacts”, you should follow the onscreen instructions to sync iPhone contacts to Google. Then you can go to Google Contacts website to have a check.
◆ If you choose “Windows Contacts”, click Sync to export contacts to computer. Then you can import iPhone contacts to Google refer to Method 3’s Third step. (You can locate the Contacts folder in your username folder: ClickStart and type your username > find and open the username folder.)
Saving iPhone contacts to Google is not the only way to protect your data. Besides, you should know that cloud services can undergo many issues and problems such as data theft. So it’s always a good choice to save files on the computer.
To make things easy, one professional iPhone backup and restore tool named AOMEI MBackupper is recommended here. It can help you backup all contacts in one-click or only the selected contacts as per your needs. The tool also supports photos, videos, music, messages as you can see from the picture shown below.
After the backup, you can check the transferred contacts on your computer any time you want. You can choose to restore the contacts to any iDevice and it will not erase any existing data. Totally free for all functions.
That’s all for how to sync iPhone contacts to Google. If you have no computer at hand, you can try the first two methods which can help you save iPhone contacts to Google directly. If you meet problem during the process or have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible.