Home AOMEI Products Support

Test your Boot drive before you have an issue

Recently, I upgraded my AOMEI Backupper and created some new boot media, but when I tried to test it, I notice that the computer cannot see the drive. It appears that due to UEFI boot, the system doesn't recognize the boot drive. When you use the BIOS to select the boot device, it won't show up. This is with the latest version 6.5.1 pro at this point in time.

I eventually build a version that work using the AOMEI WInPE builder. Using the builder, I was able to test the restore by restoring a single file form the backup. I would suggest that everyone test out their boot device before a disaster so you won't be stuck trying to figure out a way to boot into backupper when the computer won't boot up.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hallo Paulsiu,
    unterstehend eine Empfehlung von AOMEI Admin die dieses Problem (ich hatte es auch!!!) behebt!

Bevor Sie ein bootfähiges WinPE-Medium erstellen, laden Sie bitte die neue MakeDisc.exe vom Link herunter und ersetzen Sie sie im Installationsverzeichnis von AOMEI Backupper.
    itzitz

• Thanks, but doing that step is not necessary since the WinPE build works fine.
  • @Paulsiu, Sorry for the inconvenience, There is a bug. We will fix it in the next version.
    You can try to create WinPE bootable media of AOMEI Backupper with the new version after. Or, still use AOMEI PE Builder to create.