Home AOMEI Products Support

PE Builder Windows 10

Any idea when  PE Builder release for Windows 10 will be available ??

Comments

• We don't have the plan at present.

• That's's a pity..

Windows 10 has been available since June 2015, that's 2 years !!

• edited June 2017

From within utilities (menu) I created a WinPE bootable USB media  .. but restricted for exclusive use of AOMEI Backupper !!

• Which feature is restricted?

• The startup ...

There is no possibility of adding own portable applications

• Hmm, yes, AOMEI Backupper WinPE cannot add applications, only drivers.

You could create the PEBuilder WinPE on a Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer and then use it on your Windows 10 computer.

• edited June 2017

Don't have a Win7 or Win8 computer ..

But ....

I created a Win10PE bootable USB using:

Gandalf’s Win10PE x64 Redstone build 14393 version 11-10-2016

which contains - AOMEI Backupper 3.5.0.0 -

http://windowsmatters.com/2016/11/10/gandalfs-win10pe-x64-redstone-build-14393-version-10-24-2016/

So, before I try anything ...

Can Backupper version 3.5.0.0 handle images (system backup & partition backup) made with Backupper version 4.0.4 ?

• Hubert - I did the same thing.  However, somewhere along the line when I updated to 4.0.4 I ran into an issue where none of the images are restorable.  I keep getting winloader.exe errors along with other errors after a restore.

Modified Gandolf (with updated 4.0.4 and necesarry registry changes via the hive).

- previously worked with 4.0.2

- don't recall if it worked properly in 4.0.3 (I'm going to say no, but can't confirm).

- I boot with Win10PE and create an image backup to a network share.

- I restore the image (with 4.0.4) and the laptop in't bootable due to the Windows error.

- I also tried creating an image and saving it directly to the WinPE10 USB drive, however this resulted in the same outcome.

Useing the Win7PE from Backupper and 4.0.4, I am able to create an image locally on the USB PE disk and also restore it witout an issue.

Either something changed with 4.0.4 and it isn't handling network images properly, or a change with the drivers in 4.0.4 is causing an issue.  I'm not sure which, although I suspect a driver issue with the program.  I spent weeks going back and forth with support and unfortunately they were no help.  It was a constant back and forth with them asking the same questions over and over.  

• jberkel

Thanks for your reply.

When I read your comment and the other threads on the forum, I become suspicious ...

I am currently testing the free version EaseUS Todo Backup. 

• Hubert_VdB

My solution is to use a version of Windows 7 SP1 without any updates, or at least with updates until the year 2014. This way I have AOMEI PE Builder 1.5 working correctly.

Although it is taking a long time for this correction by Aomei to try this solution or use this link >>> http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/1424/winpemaker-for-aomei-backupper-and-partition-assistant#Item_73

Be patient! Do not give up Aomei, please.

• @vagn_32

I only have one desktop PC running Windows 10, so Windows 7 isn't an option ..

And I want to be 100% sure that the backups will reinstall smoothly so that I'm up and running in no time.

Of course,in the absence of a test PC, I can't test it out at this moment !!

So I made backups with both programs, AOMEI and EaseUS, and hope in case of a disaster one of/or both can help me out of troubles.

• And I want to be 100% sure that the backups will reinstall smoothly so that I'm up and running in no time.

Do I understand correctly that you need the media for restore (and backup) purposes? Why are you bothering with the WinPE builder? Why not make the bootable media from within the utilities menu from Aomei Backupper. IMHO that always works. There is even a Linux version which will work on Windows PC for restore purposes. The seperate WinPE builder 1.5 never worked for me too, but the WinPE from the utilities menu of Backuppers always worked for me.

• JohnnyboyGo 

Thanks. Good to know; That certainly makes me feel comfortable

I already made one as mentioned in a previous reply.