Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper can't see a partition

Backupper Standard can see my USB drive and all but one partition.  Windows Disk Manager can see the partition, though.  Other tools can also see and clone the partition.

See screenshots here:  http://imgur.com/a/0K4jq

The missing partition is the last 2.5 GB partition on Disk 1

Comments

• Is it a USB flash drive?

• edited June 2017

It's been a couple of months since you asked, but it looks like the volume in question is not a Windows volume, as it would probably say "NTFS" or whatever file system is used.  I've been having a similar issue. 

It seems that Backupper can't see GPT partitions with certain partition IDs.  My Linux SSD has two partitions; the first uses the standard "Linux filesystem data" GUID (globally unique identifier) of 0FC63DAF-8483-4772-8E79-3D69D8477DE4, and the second is the Linux swap with the GUID of 0657FD6D-A4AB-43C4-84E5-0933C84B4F4F.  While Windows can see (but not identify) both partitions with diskmgmt.msc, Backupper simply reports the two partitions as if it was one unallocated mass.

I was able to get the partitions in question backed up by using a partition editing program to change the GUIDs of the partitions I wanted to back up to the standard Windows type of EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7.  Linux still works, but I read that the reason Linux ever got its own partition type GUID (it used to use the same one as Windows) was that it caused some problems in dual-boot Windows/Linux PCs, though I don't know what those might be (I am far from a Linux expert).

Even if Backupper isn't able to identify a partition's type, it shouldn't pretend it doesn't exist at all. It should still allow it to be selected for backup (which "unallocated" cannot), though of course it will have to use sector by sector imaging (as it does with all non-Windows partitions). 

• We will test this, thanks for your feedback.