Home AOMEI Products Support

Win10 pro : Inaccessible boot device

edited April 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

I've cloned a Win10 pro SSD to a new SSD as a backup.

When I boot with the cloned SSD (only this one installed) I get a blue screen with the message : Stop code : INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE.

Please advice.

Comments

• Did you connect the cloned drive as internal disk?

• The cloned drive is a SSD inside a 2.5" module with a SATA interface (Kingston SSDNOW V300 120Gb) mounted inside the pc which is a NUC.

• Are your source and destination disks both in GPT partition style?

• The source disk is in GPT partition style and the destination disk in MBR partition style.

Does this mean that by taking a clone 'the partition style' of the source disk is not copied to the destination disk?  

• I've converted the destination disk also in GPT partition style (with the AOMEI Partition Assistent).
    Then I made a new clone of the source disk to the same destination disk but now GPT to GPT.
    This resulted in a blue screen with the following message:
    <<
    The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.
    File: \windows\system\32\winload.efi
    Error code: 0xc0000225
    >>

Please advice.

• Please delete all the partitions on destination disk and then clone again to see if it works.

• I've had done this before.

• edited April 2017

Did you clone from within a running Wndows 10 or via the bootable WinPE DVD or USB?

Try clone with the WinPE DVD.

Other options:

Try backup to another external disk and then restore this backup to the new SSD.

You can also Clean your new SSD with Diskpart utility from within Windows command prompt (CMD.exe):

Diskpart

list disk

select disk X  (be sure it is the correct number)

clean

If this isn't GPT you can within Diskpart:

convert GPT

exit

• The PC is a NUC so there is no DVD drive installed.

Using another external disk: do you mean taking a backup to an image file and then restoring this file to a new SSD?