Home AOMEI Products Support

Did I update in the correct way?

Hi, I bought backupper a month or so ago and it is working well. The new version came out, (2.8), and I went to the page indicated, which showed the trial download. I downloaded it, and ran, then was asked if I wanted to delete the current copy, which I did. It seems it did a full delete, because when it had finished installing, I needed to re enter my Pro key, which I did, and it seems OK.

My question is, did I do thid right, as normally when I update a program, the key is kept and I do not need to re enter it, or is there an update download somewhere? It does seem to know where the previous backups where, so it seems to have kept the settings, though I have not attempted to restore anything yet.

Comments

• You have done it corretly. 

• I would like to piggyback on this support discussion to say that I agree with Yozzer - and want to make a criticism/suggestion for the website. There is no clear way to update an existing licensed copy of AOMEI Backupper Pro on your website. The popup update box that occurrs occasionally on my desktop, with a link to your website, merely takes me to the trial download page with no way to be sure I'm downloading the update for a paid license. This is highly unusual and very disconcerting to me; I'm very familiar with most methods of upgrade and update. This seems sneaky to me and confusing, on purpose. Why wouldn't AOMEI provide a direct link to the update itself, and eliminate the confusion/doubt?

• Was there a reason to update to 2.8 as 2.5 was working...

What enhancements / bug fixes came with 2.8

My experience with backup is if my version is working.  Why bring a variable. 

• If you have to unistall and app, install a trail version and then enter your key to upgrade it there should be explicit instructions that this is the path and that no data will be lost. 

• edited January 2017

And instructions on where to enter the license code after upgrade. Or some notice that the program lifetime upgrade is in effect. I can't seem to locate any area to manually enter the license code. Where is it?

• Please send us the screenshot of the software window, we need to check if you register it now.