Home AOMEI Products Support

Where are the incremental backups?

edited January 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

I did a full disk backup a week ago.  Since then a couple of scheduled incremental backups have run.  But I only see the small one file test backup I did and then the original disk backup listed on the "Restore" tab.  Where should I see the incremental backups?

Comments

• edited January 2017

Did you look at the destination folder? Look at the date/times. When restoring you can choose which incremental backup (date/time) you want to restore.

• edited January 2017

Thanks - I looked and I guess they are there as there are multiple files listed.  1st two are:

Disk Backup.adi - 171,798,579 KB

Disk Backup1.adi - 10,442,991 KB

So it seems the first is the full backup and 2nd is an incremental?

How does "Restore" work?  The incrementals are not listed in AOMEI on the "Restore" tab, only the full backup is listed.  If I restore that one file, does it automatically bring along all the unlisted incremental backups?

• edited January 2017

You can choose the Disk Backup that is listed under the Restore tab and click on next.

After that you see all the backups of that name (the initial full backup and all following incremental backups) in a list. There you can pick the backup you wish to restore.

• Ah ha.  That was not obvious at all but I see them there.  Thanks.

• Thanks for your guys help. BTW, if you just need some file in the disk backup, you can explore the backup image to copy the file you need out. If you do the restore, it will restore all the data.