Home AOMEI Products Support

Switching compression level on a chain of incremental backups

edited December 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

I changed the compression level to high for a new incremental backup set.  It takes up too much CPU time for the little added compression gained.  I'd like to go back to normal compression for future incremental backups of this backup set.  Is this advisable to do?  If I need to do a restore, I'm concerned Backupper might get confused by the switch in compression level, and cause the resore to fail?

Comments

• Yes, you are right, if it is the hig compression, it will take long time to do the backup. Please do not worry the restore, if you do the backup sucessfully no matter what comprression you choose, you won't get the restore failure.

• I thought that I could change the compression when I wrote the question, but now that I go to the backup task, I can't find a way to change the compression level for the scheduled task.  It looks like I have to create a new incremental backup task with a normal compression level.  Is this correct, or am I missing how to change the compression level of the current backup task?

• Sorry for that ther is no way to change the compression for the current backup task, yes, you need to create new task.