Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned 80GB ssd to 160GB ssd. 160 is now limited to 80 in size.

edited October 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

First let me say Backupper is an excellent application.  It succeeded in cloning my SSD when a big name app failed.

I don't know how many specific we need to answer my question.  My OS is Windows 10.  The SSD drives are both Intel X25M.  Computer is Dell Precision 690.

I do not have the OS on a seperate drive.  I have an 80GB ssd that I cloned to a 160GB ssd.  The cloning was a success in that the 160 boots and functions fine.  However, some type of partion was installed, and Windows recognizes it has having 80GB capacity (less than 80 actually, but that's normal).

What do I need to do change this partition ?

I'm not very skilled with computers.

Comments

• Can you increase the partition in Windows disk management?

• I went to Windows disk management.  I failed to make a change.

The drive lay out looks like this:

System Reserve 100MB; C: 73.55GB NTFS; F: 450MB NTFS; Unallocated 74.96GB

I guess I need to allocate the space, but I don't know how.  

• Did you have bitlocker on the 80GB? If yes, that's why. You would need to unlock in order to merge the two partitions (create a new partition in disk management and then merge the two).

• edited October 2016

The problem is the 450MB F: partition. what is that? Can you delete this one? In order to merge C: with the unallocated space, it needs to be adjacent. Or you should use an external partition tool like Aomei's partition manager. 

http://www.backup-utility.com/help/disk-clone.html

Wasn't it possible to edit the destination disk before the start of the cloning? See manual, step 4.a.

• @ bret   did you get the 80 GB back? You can download the Aomei Partition Assistant to allocate the free space.