Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Centralized management with cloud option

For us MSP's.. it would be nice to have some type of management platform, OR make it play nice with some of the well-known RMM platforms (Kaseya, Labtech, AutoTask, N-Able, etc..)

Also, a server controller (preferably Linux). This would allow us to set the clients to perform a full system backup and store it on a local network as well as creating a second set that backs up specific folders to a cloud server hoseted by us.

OR
A mirror (replication) server that we can host, that would replicate the local backups to a centralized offsite server.

Comments

• edited July 2016

Thanks for all of that, we will improve our product in the future.

• I second that!! One quick way would be to just output a txt file that had the word "success" or "failure". We use N-able and could just read for the output and set a warning if the job failed or the file did not update in 24 hours.

• @ jeharlan sorry for that we do not get you clearly. Could you give us more information?

What is the functionality you said about our software.

• Sorry for the delay.. Yes what I am saying is that there is no way to parse through your current log file to determine if the backup completed successfully. What would be great is a single line at the end stating that the job was SUCCESSFULL or FAILED. There are many monitoring products that can parse the file and give you a heads up. Your smtp option has never worked well for me. In fact it has NEVER sent me a failure status email ever. So I have to keep checking on servers to make sure all is well. 

• And either create a new file each day deleting the old one or just append to the exisiting file.

• OK, we get it. For the email notification, please install the new 3.5 version to use the AOMEI service to send the email. It will be sucessful. For the backup task check, the only way is that you need to check it manully in tis way currently..(backup task---advanced---properity---view log---view)

• Yes but I do not want to do this manually..... I want a system to do it for me. So what would it take for you to just add a status to the log file you create at backup?

• This is all we get in the file. There is no way to figure out easily if the backup succededed. Just add the word Failure or Success in the top part of the log. Like I show below and you can now manage this from all kinds of RMM software.

AOMEI Backupper 3.5.0 log is as follows:

====================== System Information ======================

Module Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper\Backupper.exe

Product Name: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (6.2.9200.2)

Service Package: 

OS Version: 6.3

Total Memory: 106485 MB

Available Memory: 80725 MB

System Root: C:\Windows

Processor Architecture: AMD64

Processor Number: 24

Current Time: 2016-8-19 10:39:49

Job Status: SUCCESS or FAILURE

================================================================

• Also you could write out to the window event log. Currently all I ever see is this:

So if you fix this and let say ID 0 is good and ID 1 is not then we could monitor the event log instead.

The description for Event ID 0 from source Backupper Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

• Ok,I see.Thank you so much for providing such fabulous idea.Realy sorry for the inconvenience caused.For your feedback I record it and will reflect to our development team to add this function.Your understanding would be much apprecaited.