Home Storage Guides, Tricks and Tips

Bootable iso installed on HDD ?

I have the Aomei (windows) bootable iso installed on a usb drive and it works fine.

I would like to install this bootable iso onto a HDD and boot from this HDD. I have found no info on this. Can anyone help? Thanks, undine

Comments

• Sorry for that the bootable media cannot support the HDD currently. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thanks, undine

• Don't mention it.Have a great day!

• So if you create a bootable media ISO, extract it into a folder you create onto the C:\ drive. For instance, a "Bootable" folder at "C:\Bootable\".
    Once created, Download a program called "EasyBCD" (http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/)

Go to "Add New Entry" and either add the ISO, or add the boot start file (Cant remember which one", and it will boot just fine. Ive been using it for a few months, really useful!

A few things to keep in mind: Always keep your bootable YSB available as well. Critical hard drive failure, ransomware (Petya), etc. can disrupt the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) and render you unable to boot from it.
    Also: This BCD edit to add the bootable image will be presented on EVERY boot, giving you the option to choose your OS or the bootable USB.

• @Aburous. If you Add the ISO as New entry to the boot menu you don't need to extract it. Works just fine.