Home AOMEI Products Support

When is next release expected?

Hi, 3.2 has been around for a long period now in comparison to previous releases... When can we expect a new release?. We, the users, usually get upset when we realize software is not being updated for a relatively long time... We start to questions things... perhaps a bit obsesive, I know, but this backup apps world is always in constant change and I have suffered it before.

Bests

Comments

• We will release the next version next month, please wait.

• "next month"    today or tomorrow  ?   image

• imageimageThe technicians are trying to fix more bugs.

• I am waiting too image   image

• also hopefully awaiting the next release ...

• more than  20  000  000   user waits to update over 210 days image

• As with "tomorrow", "next month" will never arrive because it's forever going to be "next month".  Do you have a project plan with a target "date"?

• This really needs a Early access programm.

As one wise developer said - it will never be completely fixed. Release what you already fixed and publish a list of known problems to be yet fixed. Then fix them one by one.

• edited May 2016

I would propose to include in the next generation release, more boot fixes (BCD) on disk clone and on disk restore (as well as on system clone and system restore), and an independent boot fix (BCD). All should be optional, user-selectable, not automatic, as software cannot know the exact intentions.

* In any case, the within-disk BCD relationships should be preserved on the destination disk. This is completely risk-free. When the within-disk BCD relationships are not preserved on the destination disk, they are wrong.

It is not necessary to keep the relationship between EFI boot manager and the destination disk automatically, this should be optional and user-selected.

* It is necessary to set the Active flag (MBR case) on the destination disk and I believe this is already done.

* And it is helpful to handle both \boot\BCD and \EFI\boot\microsoft\BCD, crossed with a separate system partition and a combined boot+system partition.  Your technicians are surely aware of what this proposition formulations * mean.

• Thanks Peter,

We send your advice to our technicians, they will try to improve it.

• The question is, will anyone have any update this year ???
    It's a long time is very suspicious

• If there is no accident, he new version will be released at the end of this month.

• so we hope again image

• and again ... and again ... and again ...
    by looking back to all the "feature request" threads and many problem threads the next release should have most functions enabled ...
    btw ... i really hope, that "backup to ftp" is added in the next release.

• Sorry for the "backup to FTP" functionality is not in the next new version. We will create another product to support backup to cloud and FTP this year. But it needs long time. Sorry.

• again, again, again only promises.

260 days to wait it is common ???

very much regret investing  730 €

imageimage

• next two week.We are doing the final test.image

• Hello!

So let's go out today
    new version?

•    this month it will not 100%     image

• What is the name of the calendar that you use?  "Next month" "This month" "Two weeks".  Obviously I'm not usin ght esame calendar as you.

• Totally dissapointed. Cheap, yes...Trustworthy?, not so much

• Hei guys,
    So sorry about that. We just need more time to make our program better. A new version will come out soon. Thanks for your understanding.

• LOL, I think it has no version ever will be image

-
    Cunning honey around the mouth 

• edited July 2016

You should really specify a point in time where you have to make atleast a bugfix release.
    Its not that important to get new features as it is to have those available working!

Sorry guys, but I am waiting for the the mail notification fix since january! That is NOT acceptable. You should offer atleast a limited closed beta.

• edited July 2016

Sorry again for the late new version. We will released it.If you need it, please email us [email protected] us, we also want to release it quickly, but we will do it in the best way. Our technicians is always overtime 4 months. Thanks for your understanding and support. Sorry, all your guys.

• Hi,

The program has come the new version. updated today

• hell froze over ,  thx image

• edited July 2016

Regretfully on my PC  Ver 3.5 is not working properly and I have had to revert back to Ver 3.2 that has always worked perfectly for me with my Home PC. I have tried to sending an  email to Aomei support [email protected] three times (twice  last night and once an hour ago today) All were rejected ("Failed Delivery Notification" sent to my email account moments after each one sent)

This for info was what I have been trying to report in the emails):

Re: Aomei Backupper Standard Latest Version 3.5   (Released 2016-07-11)

======================================================

Dear Sir/Madam,

Today I updated my Aomei Backupper Standard version 3.2 to the new
    release 3.5
    but am having serious issues.

My O/S is Windows 10 Pro (x64) Ver 1511 (OS Build 10586.420). My System is
    well maintained and highly stable.  My Antivirus is Avast Free Antivirus

My normal routine is to Backup my System drive (C:) to a different internal
    Drive and I then in same session repeat the System backup to my Seagate
    FreeAgent external USB 2.0 Drive.  I then do backup of my D: Data partition to
    same location.

My Important Aomei settings are:  Normal Compression,  Intelligent
    Sector backup (recommended),  Use VSS (recommended), Automatically check the
    backup on completion.

Having installed 3.5 I did my first backup to the internal Drive. 
    Everything ran as NORMAL and backup was verified as successful.

When I went repeat  the same System backup to my external drive it just
    hung on 0% and showed no sign of having started the backup EXCEPT I had to do a
    forcible closure of Aomei to close the application. 

I uninstalled Aomei 3.5 and reinstalled again.  I backed up to internal
    drive normally and this time when I tired to backup to the external Drive it
    took about 2 minutes to start the backup (I thought at first it had hung as
    before). I then decided to do another test to my internal drive but that DID
    hang completely.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.5 and this time I tried to System backup
    to the Internal drive only (one after the other) Once again first was normal and
    normal speed, but the second hung as soon as I started the backup. (In all cases
    the backups that completed verified as successful). On only one of the three occasions did the second attempted backup start but only after a 2-3 minute wait (instead of the normal 5 seconds with Ver 3.2). The backup completed and verfified successfully.  I then tried a 3rd which just hung. So the problem is most of the time the backup does not start and Aome hangs IF a first backup has been done in the same session (by that I mean not closing Aomei in between the backups)

All three times I had to do a forced closing of Aomei (and every time I
    uninstalled 3.5 before reinstalling 3.5 I was told a file was open and could not
    be deleted. I had to close the files in Task Manager (sorry cannot remember its
    name (but I am suspicious that the new ABnotify.exe file MAY be part of the
    issue). 

I finally decided to uninstall the new Version 3.5 and reinstall
    my previous Aomei Version 3.2
      which has been wonderful and 100%
    reliable with backups and restores on many occasions.. I have never had a
    failure in 50 backups and approx. 20 restores.

I then tried to do my normal backups again now using Ver 3.2  As with all
    previous backups with 3.2 they worked perfectly , behaved normally with no
    delays or hangs between backups. For the time being until you locate the issue
    with 3.5 I am not updating from 3.2.

I 100% appreciate as a Standard User my support is low priority and that is
    perfectly reasonable for free software, but I am reporting my findings to assist
    you before too many others update and run into the issue. That is the least I
    can do to help with your excellent Software (except Ver 3.5 that is)

If you wish to ask any questions please email and I will be happy to help as much as I
    can and reply as soon as I see it.

I hope my information helps Developers and the Support team.

Kind regards

===========================

• edited July 2016

@drs777 and @Admin, email address wrong: aomeietch.com  must be aomeitech.com and yes on the website of aomeitech.com this wrong email address is shown. (mailto:[email protected]). Oops.

• edited July 2016

Thanks you Johnny. We will fix it immeaditely. Love you.