Home AOMEI Products Support

Clone Image check problem

GRDGRD
edited June 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

After
updating my old Dell E510 from xp to w7 the 80gb drive was too small and
added a 250gb and cloned it using Aomei backupper 3.2.  Need to do some partition corrections but was told that I should confirm that the clone went ok.  When I go into check image files or even explore image there is nothing listed and I am not sure how to find it so I can run the check.     After doing the clone all I did was to reverse the cables to the two drives and booted it up, check the drives in disk mgt. saw that I have 158gb in unallocated and was looking into correcting the partitions. 

Comments

• there is no image to check, after clone. The only thing one can do is dskchk but I'm sure it will not fail. You would better have changed partition sizes directly on clone.

Now you can increase the partition from Windows disk management, after success full boot. Just do a right click in Windows disk management on the partition, there you find a command to expand the volume (unsure how the command is called in your language.

•  Thanks @ Peter13feb.

Hi@GRD

There is not image file generated after clone. It just copy your the entire disk to a new one.

The reason why you get about 158G unallocated space might because you do not click "Edit partitions on the destination disk " to adjust the partition size.

If you want to adjust the partitions size or location on the destination disk, click the "Edit partitions on the destination disk" button. Options available are:

1. Copy without resizing partitions: Do not do any changes.
    2. Fit partition to entire disk: The destination disk partitions will be automatically resized to the entire disk, appropriate for the disk size.
    3. Edit partitions on this disk: Manually adjust the partition size and location by dragging a slider bar.         

b) Sector by sector clone: Copies all sectors of the disk to the destination disk whether in use or not. The destination disk size must be equal to or larger than the source disk.

c) Align partition to optimize for SSD: If your destination disk is SSD (Solid-State Drive), we highly recommend you to tick this option for optimizing the performance of the SSD.

But it Ok. You could go to disk management to expand the volume. Also, you could install Partition assistant to handle this. Goodday.