Home AOMEI Products Support

How can I restore my Windows 7 backup/restore point if there is no ADI or ADF file?

Ello. I'm sure this is obvious, but the othe week I made a backup/restore point of my C drive. It saved folders to

G:\Filter-PC

G:\WindowsImageData

I have made AOEMI's backup USB disk, and can access it, but can't find anything for restoring them? It seems to be looking for IDF/ADF files, which were never created. My windows is currently plagueged at logon by a black screen of death...

Thanks for any help. Surely there is a solution.

Comments

• edited June 2016

"I have made AOEMI's backup USB disk, and can access it"

You can access that folder, right?

"but can't find anything for restoring them?"

But you cannot find the ADI backup image to restore.

"which were never created"

You said you do the backup before the system crashing, but do you get anny error in the progress.

Why if fails to create the image? 

• edited June 2016

Hello Decnart, it is not clear what you mean. Windows 7 Backup/restore points are a Windows feature, and you created them from Windows control panel? I notice you are from UK, please try more clear english thanks.

IDF files are not related to Aomei Backupper, do you mean ADI/ADF files?

Please have a look at your G: drive, drive letter may be different, and find the folders you mentioned. Please tell also what folders you did back up.

Perhaps the title  of the question: How can I restore my Windows 7 backup/restore point if there is no ADI or ADF file? is the key.

If you used the Windows 7 backup/restore feature, you have to do restore from a Windows emergency disk, not an AOMEI emergency disk.

If you did a Windows 7 backup/restore for files, you have to restore from a running Windows. If you did a Windows 7 Create system image, you have to restore from a Windows emergency CD or Windows emergency stick, not an AOMEI emergency disk.

I hope one of the above answers helps you.

• Did you create a Lunix bootable media and then go to restore?

• edited June 2016

Neo, in my judgement there was no Aomei Backupper backup taken, but a Windows 7 backup/restore backup. On a computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows 10, as the control panel Windows 7 backup/restore exists in those Windows. In Windows 7, said control panel has a different name, just backup/restore.