Home AOMEI Products Support

Can't create CD/DVD to boot

Tried 3times, 2 with CD, 1 with DVD to create a boot disc and each time it proceeds through all steps and stops at 99%.  Trying to do anyting then opens a box to "cancel" or "wait for completion".

Comments

• edited February 2016

Try making an ISO and try with Linux Boot and try with the appropriate WinPE Boot. When the ISO is created (Linux is created very fast, you can use this for Windows PC's too) burn the ISO to the CD with rightclick using Windows burner or with your own burnprogram.

• I had the same problem as the original poster above. Under Windows 10, trying to create a CD from the Utilities menu with AOMEI Backupper version 3.2. The action stalls at 99% and never completes. Possibly there is an issue with how it communicates with MakeDisk.exe in Win10.

Following JohnnyboyGo's advice, I tried to do the same thing by creating an ISO first and then burning to a disk, and that worked smoothly exactly as expected. And the CD boots Win 10 just as it is supposed to.

• edited February 2016

Mine failed with WIN 8.1, but I had upgraded to WIN 10 and then reverted back.

I did succeed in making a USB boot drive but need to try it.

• i had same problem stopped at 99 percent but it still booted from the dvd i made

• this has been going on for sometime now since version 3.2 update its kinda a hit or miss they still have not fixed all the way dont no why try a different burner drive

• it is anyway better to create the ISO first, because it is faster and can be stored together with the backups.

• thanks, ISO file to CD worked, so did creating a USB for Windows

• edited February 2016

Here is a recommendation to save the USB stick into an image, to store with the backups and re-create again should the stick be lost.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/make-full-backup-of-your-ipod-usb-flash-drive-and-mp3-players-by-imaging/

Its tool 3 of the article, USB Image Tool, is probably preferred.

• Hughjward "Tried 3times, 2 with CD, 1 with DVD to create a boot disc and each time it proceeds through all steps and stops at 99%. "

It fails to burn. So you can create the ISO then burn it to the media with the specializing burn tools. Sorry for the inconvenience.