Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup not working : Error 4103

OPNOPN
edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello

When I launch a disk backup or a partition backup, AOMEI stucks on 4103 error.

Tried with 3 differents external disks, same error happen.

The version is AOMEI Backupper Server and my system is Windows Server 2003.

Best regards

Comments

• same here but sometimes it works. this is what the log says:

AOMEI Backupper 3.2.0 log is as follows:

====================== System Information ======================
    Module Path: C:\Program Files\AOMEI Backupper\Backupper.exe
    Product Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (5.2.3790.2)
    Service Package: Service Pack 2
    OS Version: 5.2
    Total Memory: 3996 MB
    Available Memory: 2271 MB
    System Root: C:\WINDOWS
    Processor Architecture: x86
    Processor Number: 8
    Current Time: 2016-2-9 11:24:49
    ================================================================

[0       ]::GetFileAttributesA(sCurPath) != INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES return code: 0x00000000, NetworkMgr.cpp(208).
    [2       ]::GetFileAttributesA(sCurPath) != INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES return code: 0x00000000, NetworkMgr.cpp(208).
    diskinfo.h(451): Failed to init GPT style table.
    [2       ]dyndisk.cpp(202): Failed to RegOpenKey on GetSysDgGuid.
    [0       ]ldmio.cpp(89): No dynamic disks are found.

• edited February 2016

assuming it is a Windows error, I found this on searching for 4103:

Your drive is either not responding or has gone missing.  Generally unplugged external hard drive is the culprit.

Hardware is a reasonable issue, as AOMEI error 4103 happens rarely and on these users then constantly. A weak USB port? An USB3 port that does not like the cable plug.

The log failure messages above seem to mean that the search for dynamic disks failed - whatever dynamic disks are. It is seen frequently in AOMEI logs and not related to issues.

• In my case, all disks are brand new and plugged into an usb port 2.0 even if cable is usb 3.0.

• edited February 2016

dear OPN I did no doubt your disks, but the ports and the cabling. Disks can be excluded as you used different brands, didn't you. You give nearly yourself the hint to try an USB2 cable instead of the USB3 cables that were provided with the disks. An USB2 micro cable fits into an USB3 disk.

I have seen such varying connections on laptops and it was surely the port (the fixed female connector on the computer), and it did not like all cables. I have seen USB3 cables not working on USB3 or USB2 ports, and USB3 ports that accepted USB2 cables but not all USB3 cables. Do you perhaps use HP?

• No, I use a dell desktop

• You tried initiating a backup to different external hard drives?

Can you read and write OK to those drives through the same port using Windows Explorer?

If so, it ain't the drives or the port or the cable - it's the program.

• Today I successfully made a backup, the software used was AOMEI Backupper Standard 1.6. But I need to keep 3 last backup, thats why I bought latest AOMEI Backupper Server.

• edited February 2016

and you have made sure it is not cabling and port (=female connectors)? It does not make sense that plain writing to a file, even a large backup file, does not work because of application software issue.

As sidrick proposed in #6, tried writing a large file to the disks from explorer (but you didn't from #7. you only analyse the issue with backups).

• Isn't problem of cabling. I don't change cabling and port, I only uninstall AOMEI Backupper Server and install AOMEI Backupper Standard 1.6 and the backup made successfully.

• edited February 2016

Thats a good test and a bad result, nevertheless a extra test with USB2 cabling, as the port is USB2, would have been helpful. How does it with the current version, AOMEI Backupper Standard 3.2?

• Hi there, As for this issue. please check item below:

1. Check if your destination location has enough space to perform a backup.

2. Check if you have sufficient permission to read/write to the destination location.

3. Check if your destination disks have bad sectors.

4. When you are doing the backup operation, you may shut down any other threads which are accessing the directory where of this destination.

5. Please make sure you hook your external disks up.

• Sorry for the late reply.

Attached is the error information of 4103.

imageAB Error Code 4103.doc