Home AOMEI Products Support

Can "Universal Restore" be harmful? Necessary when change of graphic card (only)?

edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

As far as I understand users should tick the checkbox "Universal Restore" when restoring an existing backup archive to a completely new computer.

What about if I want to restore an existing backup archive to the original computer where (only) the graphic/video card has changed in the meanwhile?

When is a computer "new"?

Does it cause problems when I tick always "Universal Restore"? What are the disadvantages?

Peter

Comments

• The system can be boot if you tick "unniversal restore". But you should manually install your video card driver. After restoring, many other drivers, such as Display driver, NIC driver, or Audio driver, etc, need to be reinstalled and then the devices of the computer can be used normally.

• So does that mean in that in an "Universal Restore" all individual current drivers are brutally replaced by generic drivers?

Or are only those drivers replaced/added where a new/unknown device is found?

• Actaully, if the grafic card is changed, there is no need to do the Universal restore just do the normal restore.

"So does that mean in that in an "Universal Restore" all individual current drivers are brutally replaced by generic drivers?"

If you do the restore to the new computer and use the universal restore, the common driver is ok, but the special one, maybe you need to add it manually.