Home Storage Guides, Tricks and Tips

Basic Backup for three computers

I have three computers I need to protect.  I also have two NAS devices and a WD Passport.  One of the NAS devices I would like to use as a server or cloud to keep files, photos, and videos so that any of the three computers can access those items.

Two computers are Windows 7 and 32 bit.  The third computer is Windows 10 and 64 bit.  It is a Dell/Alienware with AlienRespawn.  AlienRespawn keeps asking to create a backup and recovery disk and everytime it tries on a 16 GB SanDisk it fails.  Also WIndows 10 is running File History to the Passport.  And one of the WIndows 7 computers is running QuikProtect which I don't think is doing anything.

So I want to install AOMEI Back Upper and get all three protected and backed up on a regular basis, at least weekly if not daily.  I also want to setup on of the NAS devices as a Cloud but then don't know how to back the cloud up.

One NAS is a two disk raid, 2 TB per disk, the WD-Netcenter is small 250 MB I believe and maybe useless, the Passport is 2 TB and is connected to the Windows 10 computer via USB 3.0

So what I really need is a strategy for my network.

So this is so long.  Someone did recommend that i read "Saved Backing Up With EaseUS Todo".  Only looked a sample on my Kindle so not sure it will help.

Jay Beckham

Comments

• Hope that we do not misunderstand your meaning.

"One of the NAS devices I would like to use as a server or cloud to keep files, photos, and videos so that any of the three computers can access those items."

You need to use our product to backup the files or photos to NAS?

"AlienRespawn keeps asking to create a backup and recovery disk and everytime it tries on a 16 GB SanDisk it fails.  Also WIndows 10 is running File History to the Passport.  And one of the WIndows 7 computers is running QuikProtect which I don't think is doing anything."

You protect your three computer in those way,we are wondering that if you want to protect what data in your three computer such as system and some important data or all the data in your computer.

"So I want to install AOMEI Back Upper and get all three protected and backed up on a regular basis, at least weekly if not daily."

You can use our Aomei Backupper to do the weekly or daily shceduled backup for your three computer.

"I also want to setup on of the NAS devices as a Cloud but then don't know how to back the cloud up."

Is that you want to back up your NAS which is as cloud?

There are one thing needed to tell you:

Our Aomei Backupper can do the scheduled backupp for your three computer and save the image to the NAS.