Home AOMEI Products Support

Server 2012 Backup

edited December 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi

I have loaded a trial of Backupper Server on my 2012 r2 server. I am confused by the options.

What I need to do:

The server is a web server with many websites on it. 

It has 2 drives - One of these is the main working drive - having the server software and the web content. 

The other drive is a backup drive

I want to make a complete backup of the working drive so that if the server crashes, I can restore the entire working drive to a new server or to the same server with a new drive installed.

Which option must I use so that I have restore a COMPLETE running server - O/S and all websites working? 

And can I do an incremental backup every day to keep backup up to date?

Thanks

Howard

Comments

• both System backup and disk backup can be restored to a new server or to the same server with a new drive installed. System backup only back up system related partitions, usually boot partition and system partition. I recommend you do a disk backup. you can do an incremental backup every day to keep backup up to date

• Thanks for the good answer.You need to do both System backup and disk backup which be saved to another disk or external disk.Notice,if you backup it to a extenal drive,you need to create a WINPE bootable media to restore them to the new drive.