Home AOMEI Products Support

Information code:4101 - Failed to create file

edited August 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

With latest Backupper v3.1 when I try to do a disk backup over the network, starting the PC with a WinPE USB key, I obtain the error "Information code:4101 - Failed to create file".

The remote computer that should host the image file is a Windows 7 with a share on the system partition. 

After selecting "Disk Backup" (Step1) I select the remote share (Step2->Share/NAS) and enter all the data needed to connect to the share. Finally after having chosed the desired folder (please note that I'm able to browse the remote shared folder) I start the backup...everything seems fine but after a few second the process stop with the following message: 

Backing up data...

Information code:4101

Failed to create file.

I tried so many times, with different combinations (using IP address instead of the name, etc) but everytime the same error. I tried also previous releases of the Backupper, still starting from a WinPE based usb key and I discovered that the backup to a remote Windows 7 share works fine up to the v2.5, whereas v2.8 is the first release with this kind of issue.

One more detail: all the Backupper release I tried are able to complete a backup over the network if I select a NAS (based on Nas4Free - Freebsd v9 running SAMBA) share as the remote device. This is true also for the latest v3.1 release. Quite confusing...

Hope you can fix this issue, Backupper is a very nice piece of software!

Simon

Comments

• Solution1:

Firstly, please check the following items:

1. You havesufficient permission to read/write to the destination location.

2. You haveenough space on the destination location to accept the image file.

3. If you are trying to make afull/incremental/differential backup based on a backup task that already exist,please make sure that backup task is valid. You may run Check Image in theAdvanced menu to check whether it is valid or not. If it is invalid, you needto reload the task.

Solution2:

If you failed to back up toNAS/Share(network drive), there is one more possible solution you can follow.

Map the NAS/Share(network drive) as alocal drive in Windows

You can refer to the screen shot below tomap your network folder.

After mapping the folder successfully, thenyou can back up to the directory of the network folder just like backing up toa local location.

• Solution1: Permission is OK, enough free space is available on destination shared folder, kind of backup is "Disk Backup" running from a WinPE based bootable USB key. Please note that the backup task works perfectly when using Backupper v2.5 and previous releases. Starting with Backupper v2.8 I cannot perform any imaging job using a Win7 network share. 

Solution2: I tried your suggestion mapping the share with a drive letter. In WinPE the only way I found to do this is to open a command prompt and execute a "NET USE" command.

After this I start the backup procedure, selecting the relevant mapped network letter (let's say Z:), but strangely the path indicated near to "Step2" is C:\ instead of Z:\!!!

Here below the log with the error that occurs when I try to backup to a network share, I hope it will help you to fix this issue!

imagelog0.txt

Simon

• Update: after having tested the issue a bit more I discovered a way to have the backup to a Win7 network share working.

Briefly: before adding the share in the backupper "Add share or NAS device" window, open the command prompt and map the share with the right user/password:

Then continue with Backupper, adding the share and selecting the desired folder to store the image:

Note that the path is OK (near Step2 button):

And the imaging process works in the right way:

This is a workaround...I wait for a patch in the next release of the product! image

• UP

Any news on this thread?

• I had the same problem on several machines. Then someone suggested referencing the NAS by the ip address and that worked for awhile. But now that fails as well. EaseUS Backup has no problem at all. I guess I'll just have to switch all of these programs over to EaseUS after all. Bummer.

• For 4101 erro code, please check.

imageInformation code 4101.doc

• For the vss.

Actually, If it cannot find your VSS, it will invoke the Aomei VSS serverto continue to do the backup.

Please check if the backup is ok.

If the backup is not finished, you can choose the Aomei VSS to re-do thebackup task.