Home AOMEI Products Support

Access denied - unable to explore mounted image of a partition backup

edited July 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I just backed up a dynamic volume (RAID 5) with aomei backupper. When I try to look through the image, mounted as H:\ (I only want to restore some files), it says I don't have permission to access this volume (media is write protected).

I event tried to explore through cmd (with administrator rights) with the same issue

NB: the backup file is saved in a NAS, the original volume size is 7,2 To and the backup size is 1,5 To

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Please log in your computer with administrator rights, then reinstall aomei backupper. After that retry to explore the image.

• I logged in with administrator right, uninstalled Backupper and reinstalled it and I have the same issue.

• I seem alone in this thread so I suppose I don't use correctly something or nobody is using this functionnality.

Nevertheless, it seems that you cannot mount a virtual disk from a dynamic (RAID 5) volume backup (or perhaps with a lot of data).

I did some tests:

- connect an MBR simple disk (500 Go) with some data (< 10 Go) and backup it, mount the backup image and read it, restore it to another disk: everything went fine

- connect an GPT simple disk with some data and backup it, mount the backup image and read it, restore it to another disk: everything went fine

- I did a brand new backup of my dynamic volume (1,5 To of data from a Dynamics RAID 5 volume of 7,2To) and still the same issue after mounting the virtual volume image (I:\) : "Location not available - I:\ not available - media write protected".

Thanks for your help