Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI PE Builder 1.4 (Fails to boot)

I installed AOMEI PE Builder v1.4 on Windows 7 64-bit & create a disk without any additional drivers I then use the ISO in ESXi v5.0 VM machine it blue screens.

I read on a few different forums that there are problems with generating ISO using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit so I generated the ISO again using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

When booting from that ISO on a vmare in ESXi v5.0 it works but gets stuck with a command line window open saying "Please Wait.. installing drivers" left it for 20 minutes then press "X" the desktop background was there but no icons.

(I did try to add the SCSI drivers from Vmware Tools but no luck there)

Any thoughts on how to make it work?

Comments

• edited June 2015

I don't know how to make it work, but I had a failure with Windows 8.1 64 bit after burning the ISO to USB using Rufus and YUMI. I get an error message about a missing driver - "viaide.sys".

• edited June 2015

Yes someone reported problems with all version of Windows 8.1 & they advised using Windows 7 or Windows 8.

They must have changed a few .dll files in Windows 8.1 which broke the creating of the ISO as they take some windows files to create it

• edited June 2015

s

• Damn AOMEITECH forum is screwed up cannot edit posts it just gives me "Cancel" & "Save Comment" :-(

(Happens on both firefox/chrome on 2 PCs & on my android phone using both 3G & WiFi)

But yes it appears that majority of their boot disks needs Windows 7 or 8 dlls from windows directory but even then it still only half works (Eg. does not boot-up completely)

(Supposely they don't support windows 8.1 yet)

• The basic WinPE that is included with the program boots fine, it is the WinPE created by PE Builder 1.4 that will not boot.

• Yep I know :-)

That's why title is called AOMEI PE Builder I have used WinPE by itself always works well but AOMEI offered this not sure how to add backupper any other way :-P

(Possibly might try grabbing the files out of this faulty iso & inject them into a basic WinPE installation

• I created an ISO from Win7 Pro 64bit.

When I try to boot this testwise in VMWare Player v7.1.1 it is NOT recognized and NOT booted.

I guess there are heavy problems. Aomei have to improve the boot feature.

• LOL the file got deleted from dropbox :-P

Yeah agreed VMWARE does not like these disks one bit :-P

• I removed it from dropbox. Made a few adjustments to new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ehk05f0fzz9aeo/AOMEIPEv4.zip?dl=0

• Unzip it directly onto your drive, so you will have C:\AOMEIPEv4 folder.

Then run as admin on the run-me-as-admin.cmd

• I also installed AOMEI PE Builder v1.4 on Windows 7 64-bit & create a disk without any additional drivers I then use the ISO in VMware® Workstation 10.0.5 build-2443746 it blue screened. Also tried default ISO that comes with program it also blue screened. I downloaded file from dropbox tried that it made 7601.17514x64en-US.iso it booted fine image

• Glad it worked for you.image

• SIW2

Create a topic for your tool. Would be better for all discussions. image

• I have Windows 8.1 and I, too, cannot get a flash drive to boot using AOMEI PE Builder v1.4. Can anyone shed light on when this will be fixed? I can create/boot into WinPE using Macrium's Reflect software, but it takes me directly into Reflect on booting. I want a boot flash drive that contains the AOMEI Products - Backupper and Partition Assistant.

Can anyone help me create this manually, if that's what it takes?

• I CANT BELIEVE NOBODY HERE HAS EVEN WONDERED FOR A SEC ABOUT WINDOWS COMPATIBILITY MODES

I am on Windows 10 64bit Spanish (Mexico) and just applied compatibility mode for AOMEI Builder 1.4 for Windows 7 and thats it, it worked in a Lenovo E440 from a USB 2.0 with default Files, Network and System utilities but added a files tool also called "Everyone".

At first I thought like "no way they couldnt have tried that, Im losing my time burning this USB in compatibility mode, that is no use and fake from Microsoft and doesnt do crap" but lol, now I wonder, did you guys really never thought about that silly thing instead of thinking about borrowing a Windows 7 computer?