Home AOMEI Products Support

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code:0xc0000225

I have a number of Panasonic FZ-M1 tablets, all the same spec and SSD partitioning with Windows 8. I built one up and used Full disk Backup to backup and restore on to the remaining tablets. this all worked fine.

I gave one of the tablets to my customer so he could configure all his windows security policices etc (he also enabled bitlocker).

This tablet was then handed back to me, bitlocker disabled and a full disk backup taken again. However, this time when restoring the Full disk Backup restore, I receive the following error at start up with the BSOD.

"A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code:0xc0000225"

I can roll the tablet back to the previous image I have without any problems, but not the new one. I have taken the image twice and used the check image integrity tool and it reports it is fine.

I also tried a System backup, which appeared to backup 3 partitions (The tablets have 5 partitions on them), so when I selected System restore, it only allows me to select a single partition to restore back too so this failed.

The only other change with the master tablet (which may be significant??), is the BIOS was updated. However, I took an image after this and even tried to restore it to a tablet with the same BIOS, but this still failed.

If anybody can offer any suggestions that would be great.

Comments

• When you get this error that means AOMEIBackupper failed to modify the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file for the newlocation during the restoration process. This file contains the key informationfor loading operating system. At the meantime, the information relates to thepartition position parameters, so when you restore to a new location, AOMEIBackupper need to modify it due to the new partition position.

To repair this problem, you may first useyour Windows installation disc to perform a setup repair operation. Boot fromyour Windows installation disc and then choose Setup Repair Option, after that,follow the wizard to complete. If this solution doesn’t help, you can boot fromyour Windows Recovery Media and then choose Trouble Shoot -> AdvancedOptions -> Command Prompt

CMD> bootrec/scanos
                CMD> bootrec/rebuildbcd
                CMD>bootrec /fixmbr
                CMD>bootrec /fixboot

Reboot. After that, your computershould back to normal.

• Hi, I have got to this point with this problem and now find myself in an area that I am not familar with...do I type on each line:

CMD> bootrec/scanos...with a spacebar between ">" and "bootrec" then "Enter"?

CMD> bootrec/recbuildbcd...with a spacebar between ">" and "bootrec" then "Enter?"

CMD>bootrec /fixmbr...witha spacebar between "rec" and "/", then "Enter"?

CMD>bootrec /fixboot...with a spacebar between "rec" and "/". then "Enter"?

Thanks

• The prompt is this > which is already there when you open cmd, so you don't type cmd>

You only type:

bootrec /scanos

(then press enter)

bootrec /rebuildbcd

(then press enter)

bootrec /fixmbr

(then press enter)

bootrec /fixboot

(then press enter)

• Thank you

• I am trying to fix my niece's laptop, she was complaining about popups and the laptop being dreadfully slow. Seems like a virus. For some reason, i cannot be able to get beyond the Windows 7 Starting Windows Screen and then I hit an error. This has been shown in the images below;
  • edited July 2021
    I am trying to fix my niece's laptop, she was complaining about popups and the laptop being dreadfully slow. Seems like a virus. For some reason, i cannot be able to get beyond the Windows 7 Starting Windows Screen, and then I hit an error. This has been shown in the images below.