Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup Over Network Path Incorrect

I am trying to backup a drive from a laptop to a folder on a hard drive on another computer over a LAN network. I have enabled file sharing on both computers. I can't see the drive on My Computer, but I can see it on My Netork Places. If I open AOMEI and select Disk Backup I can select the source drive but if I select the destination drive thru My Network Places I get an error message "Failed to access the network path, Please check if your username, password, and network path are correct". What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Both computers Win XP sp3

AOMEI Backupper Standard 2.8

Netgear N750 WNDR4300 Router

Comments

• You can Map the NAS/Share(network drive) as alocal drive in Windows and try again

• Well I tried it and it still didn't work. I got some different results. I mapped the shared folder as Drive X. It shows up in My Comuter now.

1.Open AOMEI and select backup, Disk Backup

2.Select source disk C: IBM Drive, click Add, a little note at the bottom "The disk space on the selected partition may be insufficient".

3. Step2, Select destination path. It now shows up as Drive X ThinkX32Back.

4. If I select it nothing happens. It dosn't show up in Step2 at all, and I don't get any warnings or error messages.

5. Even though it still shows "Step2 C:\ Select another location as the destination path" It will let me start the backup process. I have no idea wear it is backing up data to so I quickly cancel the backup procces.

Thanks

Mike50

• OK I figured this out. I reset all the permisions on the network folders. I had been using this program to backup another computer on this same network drive. It worked just fine so I thought I had all that set already but I guess it was changed.

Thanks again for your help.

The program works great.

Mike50