Home AOMEI Products Support

Information Code 4101 During Backup using version 2.8

I'm trying to create a backup image via the PXE Boot Tool, and on the remote computer (that's using the PXE boot) shows "Information Code: 4101" and then "Failed to create file."

I never had this problem when using version 2.5, and I've recently upgraded to version 2.8.

Comments

• I am having the same issue with Professional 2.8 when using PXE Boot Tool to create a backup.  InformationCode4101 followed by "Failed to create file."   Since I have never used Aomei Backupper prior to this version have no idea why it does not work.

• AOMEI Backupper Technician 2.8 not able to create backup with bootable disk. Error code :4101 Failed to create file. Any solution for this issue?

• 1. You havesufficient permission to read/write to the destination location.

2. You haveenough space on the destination location to accept the image file.

3. If you are trying to make afull/incremental/differential backup based on a backup task that already exist,please make sure that backup task is valid. You may run Check Image in theAdvanced menu to check whether it is valid or not. If it is invalid, you needto reload the task.

• 1) I'm logging on as administrator, so I should have the correct permissions to read & write to the folder.

2) There's 80GB+ of available storage, so there is enough for the task.

3) As a full backup of a new task, I'm not sure how to go about checking to see if the task is valid when it's new.

I never had any issues with version 2.5, only when upgraded to 2.8. And since I "downgraded" back to 2.5 I'm having to put in repeatedly an offline key, due to the 2.5 version being "out of date" and having to go to http://aomeitech.com/code.html to get an offline key (luckly I only had to do this once, but I'm still having to enter the offline key).

I'm about to do a total reinstall of the computer that I'm creating the backups to, since I'm not able to come up with anything to resolve this.

• Hi

Unsure if this will help or work is worth a try, I was having similar issue where I was getting and the above code error when backing up to a NAS. I was searching using the dns sharename of the NAS and kept getting the above error. I then switched to using the IP address of the NAS and I no longer got the error. I can only suggest if you are using the computers dns addresss/sharename switch to IP Address. it may work. If it does then report back here so others can benefit/