Home AOMEI Products Support

Ver 2.8 uninstalls and fails to re-install

I researched backup programs for MONTHS…finally selectedAOMEI Backupper

Bot Order ID 3CMTVQK-A&C344 with CD = $62.49.

Installed and it worked as advertised…good news.

Today, opened program, it suggested I install v 2.8…so Idownloaded and installed…it asked if I wanted to “uninstall” the earlierversion…the instructions said NOTHING aboutthis option…so I selected yes. And said NOTHINGabout retaining my settings, etc.

So it uninstalled…

Then the install utility created many error messages on there-install and FAILED to install.

So now Backupper  is GONE(along with my money)….. I have NO BACKUP program despite having paid $62.49 and spent countless hours figuring out which backup program to select.

Now I note you have NO TECH SUPPORT telephone number…..so Ihave the prospect of yet MORE WASTED HOURS trying to get yr program to install

This is UNFORGIVABLE……Time is money…you are wasting my time and money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• If Backupper folder still exists in the installation directory,delete it. If not, you need to delete something in Registry by the follow steps: Go to
    Start, enter and run "regedit". delete the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AOMEI Backupper 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ambakdrv

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ammntdrv

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amwrtdrv

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}  

• The upgrade procedure is very, very poor. It has made me lose trust in this product. If the upgrade procedure is this sloppy, what other errors are there in this product? Think I'll cut my losses.  

• The upgrade procedure is very sample. It's like a chance in a million you will go thru this procedure to upgrade.