Home AOMEI Products Support

Unable to get back up information

Hi, I backed up my folders and files to a external hd and formated my PC. After formatting my PC I then tried to restore my folders and files but I get a message saying that it is unable to get the backup information. The external drive is working and I can see the back up file.

I need to restore my folders, can anyone help ?

Comments

• while you disconnect and reconnect the devices, the drive letter of the devices may be changed. Therefore AOMEI Backupper cannot continue the backup plan due to the different saving path.

Solutions:

1. you can delete the task first, which only delete the task not the file, Since it is unable to get the backup information,

2.       Open AOMEI Backupper, in the “Home” screen, click “Restore” tab option.

3.       Select "Path" option to locate the backup files, then select any one of them and open it. After that, you will find that these files have been listed in the screen.

4.       Back to the “Home” screen, you will find the backup task has been loaded.

5.       Continue your backup plan.

• Hello mysery126, thank you for your response but I've tried all of the above and I continue to get the same message...I am getting worried because I ne

ed these files....

• Please click Utilities--Check Image to check the integrity of the image file.

• Hi YoungCheng, this is what I get:

• Hi,

Please post us the log folder, you can find it in the installation directory of Backupper.

• Help !!!

• I really need the help !!!

• In this case, there is barely a chance that tou can restore the file because the image has been damaged,  If the files aren't so personal or classified, you can send us the files so that we can analyze it to dig out where the problem is.