Home AOMEI Products Support

aomei won't do a restore

I did  a backup of C partition (XP) to another partition (E) and the backup went fine.  Checked the validity of the file and it is OK.   After making some changes to the OS that I didn't like I decided to go back to where I made the backup.   When I try to do the restore it won't work.  When it comes to where you choose the path to the image there is none.  It doesn't show any of the 3 partitions I have.   The window is blank.  It did when I made the backup.  So I did another fresh install of XP and installed Aomei 2.5 just to see if that would work.  It didn't.  This is the first time I have had a problem with Aomei.  Used it on a lot of computers with great success.   I think it's this computer (Presario V5000 laptop) even though it works very well.  Maximum Reflect works OK.  Any thoughts on what I might try?   Thank you.

Comments

• Collieman,

Can you put up some screen shots and the log files?

• Moderator,  There are 5 log files in the Aomei folder.  Matter which one?   And, I save screen shots all the time from within windows but here I'm using the boot media and have to reboot after it not working thus losing the shot.   How is this done?

• The whole log folder is preferred. You can take some photos of it

• I'm pretty much convinced that the problem is this laptop.   I just did a backup today for my sister and the path to the image for restoration came up perfectly.

imagelog0.txt

imagelog1.txt

imagelog2.txt

imagelog3.txt

imagelog4.txt

imagelog5.txt

imagelog6.txt

imagelog7.txt

imagelog8.txt

imagelog9.txt

• In your log 1 and 2, you made a system backup to G: drive and you had C,D,E,F,G partitions, But in log 6,you only had C,D partitions. Have you encrypted those three partitions? Can you send a screenshot of your windows disk management? 

• The partitions are different because I did a low level format and reset the computer with just two partitions for a test which didn't work.  I did try placing the backup on a flash drive for the restore.  This time the flash drive was listed with the backup file file but where you come to the window where to tell it where you want the restore to go, the partitions are not listed.  I'm thinking it has something to do with this hard drive even though the computer works very well.  That's why I did the low level format.  Two screen shots here.  One of the window where the partitions are not listed during a restore and a disk management shot of the way I have the computer set up now.  The backup is on G partition.   BTW, I keep having trouble with the captcha.  Hard to read on this smaller laptop screen and have had to retype everything again a few times after thinking I have it right and click post comment and it doesn't send.

imagescreen shot.jpg

imageDisk Manangment.jpg

• I just got done using the laptop hard drive on my desktop connected with an ide/SATA adapter cable. Aomei still doesn't see the partitions on the drive using the desktop.   I used WD software to checked for a locked drive but it is not.  Then I tried a few other partition backp software programs and they worked.  I reset the drive using fdisk after a low level format but still no change.  Still looking for an answer.

• Hello collieman, you could try to use AOMEI windows PE bootable media to restore the system. I think there is a little compatiable issues on the Linux bootable disc. If still have problem with WinPE, let us know.