Home AOMEI Products Support

Issues with AOMEI Backupper Professional Trial

Hello, I have some issues with the professional version 2.2. I have emailed tech support and had some of my questions answered but others started and never finished.

List of issues (with AOMEI Backupper Professional Edition 2.2:

-Email notifications do not work

--So i tried without checking the "Dont use AOMEI SMTP servers" and that didn't work. No biggie, ISP's block 25 all the time.

--Then i tried 2 seperate smtp accounts of my own, neither worked: one was gmail where I followed settings exactly regarding smtp server, port (465 and 587), TLS encryption, full email as username and exact password. The second was dynadot which had no encryption on port 1025. Neither worked either it would take a few min to timeout and error or error immediately. I also entered the new settings and clicked ok then reopened the GUI and notification section and tried again to no avail.

-Command line backup engine does not work

--I have emailed support on this issue twice with no resolution. When you do any back from any drive to any drive on my computer Windows 8.1 64 bit, the AOMEI command line exe gives the generic windows "has stopped working message". I have attached the same log files I sent to email support with one of the key lines being [diskinfo.h(451): Failed to init GPT style table.] I have verified syntax multiple times from simple to complex, admin rights, elevated command prompt, etc. Tech support asked for a crash dump file, but it doesn't create one, seems to fail before creating one but at least gives parts of a log file as attached.

Example Backup Command Line:

AMBackup.exe /b new /t system /d "S:\sys"

AMBackup /b new /t disk /s 4 /d "S:\Disk" /n "Test1" /c 1 /e "s30usl3k" /r 0

-No way to merge incrementals into full backups from the command line

--Just like it says, this is not so much an error but hopefully a feature to see soon. I'd be happy if the regular command line worked as well.

-When the backup fails, the scheduled backup never stops, it just hangs with the box in the lower-right hand corner of the screen prompting user action.

--I see no way to change the behaviour so that if the backup fails it logs it, sends an email and ends the scheduled task. The main problem I have is that it never stops the scheduled task until I touch it at that point. At least not in my testing where Ive left that box up for an hour without it closing itself down.

-I see no options to have the software run a program after the backup is finished. Backup exec, acronis etc all have this feature while AOMEI does not

-I plan on using this as part of a cloud backup function. I need my cloud SFTP to run after the program finishes. I have written a program to do this for me after it believes backup has run but its much cleaner to have the AOMEI run a program upon backup task finishing (failed or not).

-Also the UEFI GPT PE restore problem

--as described here: http://www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/comment/4433#Comment_4433

--I cant use this for server 2012 or windows 8 if this is still a problem. I know the workaround but it'd be nice to work straight out of the box.

I would love to use this program for my clients as part of my cloud backup solution offering as it is attractively priced but these issues must be resolved. At least the email notification and command line not working. I have found these issues on my Windows 8.1 64 bit desktop and my Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

I have not tried the beta, I will try that next and post back here to see if anything has changed. If we can't get these worked out then Acronis is probably the next best option.

imagelog2.txt

imagelog3.txt

imagelog1.txt

imagelog0.txt

Comments

• Here is the AOMEI Scheduler box that never goes away without user intervention mentioned above.

imageAOMEISchedulerBox.png

• Hi Kirchiri,

-Email notifications do not work

The program is able to send test message or not? Both using Aomei SMTP server and your own server? 

If it even failed to send test message, please upload the log files.

If it sent test message successfully, but check whether you have enable spam filter or the message is sent to the trash.

-Command line backup engine does not work

It gives error message every time when you were trying to run backups by using command line?  Are you able to create backups via Backupper GUI? I have forwarded the problem to the developers. Once there are any updates, I will inform you.

-No way to merge incrementals into full backups from the command line

-I see no options to have the software run a program after the backup is finished. Backup exec, acronis etc all have this feature while AOMEI does not

---- These two points should be suggestions, I will forward them to the developers.

-When the backup fails, the scheduled backup never stops, it just hangs with the box in the lower-right hand corner of the screen prompting user action.

-----This point should be a bug, I will forward it to the developers, and it should be fixed.

-Also the UEFI GPT PE restore problem

-----This is also a bug, we will add the efi in the PE in future versions.

• The program is able to send test message or not? Both using Aomei SMTP server and your own server? 

If it even failed to send test message, please upload the log files.

If it sent test message successfully, but check whether you have enable spam filter or the message is sent to the trash.

-I tried clicking Test Message and it failed everytime with:

--Just AOMEI SMTP servers

--Using my webhost dynadot on port 1025 with no encryption (which works on my same network via my phone and outlook)

--Using gmail smtp servers on ports 465 and 587 with encryption (which work on my same network via my phone and outlook)

--I also tried configuring the settings, then letting a backup run and fail on purpose to see if that would work but it still didn't.

It gives error message every time when you were trying to run backups by using command line?  Are you able to create backups via Backupper GUI? I have forwarded the problem to the developers. Once there are any updates, I will inform you.

-That's the weird part, it works perfectly in the GUI just not command line and in theory its the same engine just a different access method. Thank you for forwarding this to them.

I've attached 2 log files that include the smtp error codes at the bottom. Thank you so much for your quick response and I hope we can get the email portion fixed, that's my biggest concern for deployment to my clients. As well as the box that hangs when the backup fails. I'd really prefer to have it simply email me the error, note it in the log, and then end execution. So far I only have a few clients using cloud so I can manually close the box if an error occurs for now.

Thanks again!

imagelog2.txt

imagelog3.txt

• About this problem,it is a little bit tricky and complicated. In order to solve the problem in thefastest way, we suggest you allow us to offer remote assistance. Ourtechnicians will do their best to help you on this issue. Also, this may take awhile. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

And please let us know when you were free to apply this operation. Ourtime zone is East eight zones. BTW, this operation is based on the Remotetool-Team Viewer. You could download it from CNET. Please launch TeamViewerfirst, there you will see your unique User ID with password, then send them tous, so that we can connect to your computer. In addition, please do not shutdown TeamViewer.

• Thanks for the info about fixing it. Currently I have been testing it on my Windows 8.1 64bit box at home but I'm going to load the server edition onto my Server 2012 instance for my business and see if maybe my home box is just wonky as I don't see many other users having the same problems especially with the SMTP.

If I can't get it working on my server environment as well then I'll have to get the remote access fix done and I'll document so I can reproduce it to my clients.

Thank you for your time, and hopefully you guys can work on updating the main software.